Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2008 - Help Needed To Change Brake Pads And Disc

pnab

Need help on changing my rear brake pad and disc.

What disc and brake to buy for my Auris 2008 car VIN starts with 'S'.

How difficult it is for me to change the disc on my own.Have no prior experience.

Any guide to follow. Picture guide or video is highly appreciated.

:D

If your not really mechanically minded, I would get a garage to change them as the caliper Pistons need to be wound back in. That can be difficult without the right tools and there is also the chance to turn them the wrong way, and then your stuck.

Saw some videos on youtube changing brake disc in corolla,VW, how different is it from Auris?

Will borrow the tools from my friend for caliber. Do you know what tools it need. Is there any guide specific to auris brake disc change?

The technique for changing discs is fundamentally the same. You take the cap off the fluid reservoir and put a cloth round it, you get the pads out, you push (or wind, depending on car) back the pistons, you remove the caliper, you remove the disc, you clean up the hub face, you clean the oily smear stuff off the new disc, you fit the disc, you make sure the caliper is ok, you clean up the sliders etc, you refit the caplier, you apply the correct non abrasive lubricant to all the relevant parts as you go, you fit the pads, you clean the disc again, you press up the brakes, you check the fluid level and put the cap back on.

Edit...if you're not confident then get someone else to do the job. Bad brakes can kill.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone point me in the direction of the torque specs for the brakes on a 1.6 avens 2008? I can't seem to find anything on here?

• 3 months later...

The front pads are easy enough to fit yourself but you will need help with the rear pads as I tried the rear pads myself and had to get help when the tool got stuck.if you have not done the rear pads before don't do them yourself until your shown exactly how to do it,it looks easy but it's not as easy as it looks.the front ones are easy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links