Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need New Engine Will It Fit ? Help

holytspirit

I have 2005 d4d avensis 2.0 the Head is gone and it over heats

I fitted new rad as it burst

Checked and replaced thermo stat due to it not working when tested

I have had the water pump checked and it's fine but there is evidence of rad weld of some sort in it

So first up I want some advice on whether the new 1ad-ft engine from new models 2006 onwards will fit Into my car 2005 with the 1CD-ft engine ? Will the new one fit into it ?

Moved to the Avensis club which gets more traffic.

I don't know the exact answer but you would have to change gearbox, driveshafts etc, starter, turbo- too much work if you ask me

my question is why would you want too the 1ad-ftv is prone to headgaskets, what is the mileage on the 1cd.

matbey mileage or engine type isn't the factor but rather the coolant leak history ( rad weld signs) and constant overheating.

id stick with the 1cd as suggested as newer engine swap could open a can of worms changing loom/dash/ gear selector etc, who knows where it would end.

should be plenty crash damaged salvage of rav4/avensis etc with this engine available even if its just the head you replace

There is evidence of radweld of some sort in around the water pump when it was checked

I was asking about 1ad because one came up handy but I think I'll leave it

I have a price of doing the head for 800

I'm not sure whether to get it done or not cas if I go ahead and get into the head being done and then the head is cracked I might not be able to afford it after the 1200 mark

better of buying a 2nd hand engine from a reputable breakers yard with reasonable mileage.

even better if you can see it running beforehand and with some kind of warranty.

I always get pressure test and skim on head first, costs about £90 then I can refit head knowing all is good, but as suggested prob better getting a complete engine for your car if it is a good known running engine as if you don't know the complete history of your overheating then the pistons etc may have accelerated wear or worse a dodgy block

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links