Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

False Boot Floor

mk1

I'm sure some of you guys have done this already but I wasn't using the rear seats at all so I thought I'd remove them and add a false floor to give me more room to carry stuff.

I am amazed and the size of the boot now the rear seats are gone. If I do need the rear seats back it's only a 10 min job to bolt them back in.

bootfloor.JPG

• Like 2

How do you remove the rear bench i hardly use the rear seats looks like loads of extra space and a little less weight.

Im selling a Boot Buddy custom made for the IQ on eBay

Ive found it great makes the boot useable maybe not quite as deep as removing the seats. But it creates a nice size boot and separates it from the front seats. I found without it and the seats down everything just landed in the rear footwell. Drove me mad !

Check it out http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231486489647?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I get around the problem of items in the boot (with the seats collapsed) ending up on the floor by using the two child seat anchor brackets (either side of the rear catch). I usually have a plastic box with a quick release strap around it on one side to hold small things and use a shoe lace though the one on the other side to secure shopping bags and the like when necessary. The car is then all ready to have one seat up for taking two passengers (which does happen several times a year and so is useful to me).

For holidays with my wife I take out the box and use two quick release straps though the anchor brackets to go around any suitcase in the back. The luggage is really secure then even if I have to do an emergency stop! In that way it never touches the seat backs at all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links