Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Updating Sat Nav (2015 Aygo)

spospe

I am glad yours is performing well. I still keep getting mine freezing the screen when using the satnav and Toyota can't fault it.

Why would you need to remove the SD card at all? The X-Nav does not function at all until the icon is pressed on the multi display?

Not everyone wants to have a stand alone sat nav - with the bother of dismounting the unit when they leave the car, cable trailing over the dash, etc. Its a personal choice .....

I hate the built in one that much, I have removed the micro SD card from it so it won't work.

• 1 month later...

I can't understand how anyone is getting accurate route times on their X-Nav. We always get between twice and three times the real journey times on ours - not happy.

i sit here in amazement that toyota have let the public buy this car as there seems to be so many issues with the car

i have seen so many mentioned on this forum,it seems like every week someone find something else that isn't quite right.

toyota should be ashamed of themselves for taking the publics money.

I had noticed this as well very inaccurate indeed.

I can't understand how anyone is getting accurate route times on their X-Nav. We always get between twice and three times the real journey times on ours - not happy.

I have also read your other thread on this (which appears to be locked).

This problem must be enormously frustrating and others seem to be reporting similar issue. Contacting Toyota would be a good idea - but you may get some non committal answer . Unless an update is due ( I have been assured there isn't one) other than to register your complaint it may also trigger an action if enough owners do the same.

It is probably of little comfort to hear that I don't seem to have the inaccurate journey times and crashes other owners are experiencing- so it possibly in't a fundamental flaw.

When you program in a trip all the Nav knows is your current location and the speed limits between where you are and your destination - unless you have traffic info- so the initial estimation is based on that data - but it should, I agree , be a realistic estimate not a wild guess!

A quick search around various forums does seem to indicate that( irrespective of car brand) estimated journey times on built in navs do seem to cause a lot of issues.

But none of this explains why mine works and yours doesn't.

My only advice would be to be sure you are comparing like with like and that the route on the Tom Tom is EXACTLY the same as the one on the X Nav. Too many times a Sat nav has taken me "the pretty way" and added 20 minutes to my short journey .

Navs are pretty dumb .... Once you have a route set the sat nav will usually make every effort to get you back on it if you stray too far your own way. There appears to be little " he's changed his mind" logic. Irrespective of brand (and I've used a few in my time) I always find that if you decide to go a significantly different route (e.g. accident or temporary road closure) it is better to clear the route then set it again from scratch.

But i have to admit this is a strange one.

It's the way they make cars these days. Let the customer find the problems and then they fix them. Easier than having to test run loads of cars for months before launch. Best way to avoid it is never buy a newly designed car until it's been around a year and the problems are ironed out.

I'm surprised at £400 anyone bought the Sat Nav. I don't think Toyota expected anyone to so maybe that's why it wasn't tested. Such an expensive option considering the screen is already there.

It's hard to argue that £400 is a bargain ., but economies of scale mean a Tom Tom bought in the sale at Halfords will always be cheaper.

For many, myself included, the Nav was "chucked in"' As part of the deal so I'm not unhappy with it from that point of view.

But if it doesn't work even then t's hardly good value !

Thanks to Dark Matter for your reply. I'm not sure how you tell if a post is locked or not. I was hoping someone from Toyota may comment on the Sat Nav, but they can't if it's been locked.

Yes the routes that both the Tom Tom and X-Nav are exactly the same when I've been comparing them - just the time is different. The Tom Tom may be 1 or 2 minutes out for an hour's drive, but the X-Nav will always be at least an hour out for an hours drive.

I'm wondering if it's because a lot of the roads round here are unclassified (we do live in a very rural area) and it just can't cope (though the Tom Tom has no problem).

Just to answer user eygo - we're very happy with the car itself - it's great fun to drive and economical - it's just the X-Nav that really isn't worth having unless they fix it.

I have had my say on this before and think the x-nav is too basic for the cost. As far as this thread is concerned about journey times I agree totally about the serious inaccuracies

"I'm not sure how you tell if a post is locked or not. I was hoping someone from Toyota may comment on the Sat Nav, but they can't if it's been locked."

Toyota may view forums, but won't enter into public discussion - which is why the details to contact Toyota GB were given. If you want a response from Toyota, the issue needs to be taken up directly with Toyota GB.

I'm wondering if it's because a lot of the roads round here are unclassified (we do live in a very rural area) and it just can't cope (though the Tom Tom has no problem).

I had a similar thought. It may be routes heavy with unclassified roads confuse it .... Tom Tom always seemed to cope. I once used one in its native Holland and the accuracy and road detail was incredible.

Whatever my experiences there is clearly an issue. I suggest you contract Toyota for content. They have always responded quite quickly.

Have you tried resetting the time and date presentation on your x -nav? This can be found in the user settings.This is found in the x-nav owners manual

Have you tried resetting the time and date presentation on your x -nav? This can be found in the user settings.This is found in the x-nav owners manual

That's quite a good idea in fact a couple of other forums where" time to destination" calculations were wrong there were suggestions of time zone / clock issues that could affect the calculation.

Worth a look.

• Like 1

Not displaying the current time when using the phone annoys me, look at all that empty space along the top of the screen, so the nav sounds like it would drive me nuts.

• 1 month later...

Hello - please could someone help me with the x-nav. How do you get it to 'stop guidance' - i.e. when you set off to go somewhere and want it to stop during the journey. I have looked in my manual but it is so basic and doesnt say anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Madeleine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links