Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audible Speed Limit Warnings

BigAl1951

Hi

I've been trying to find the answer to this question in the electronic handbook with no success so I'm hoping that maybe someone here will know the answer.

Vehicle: Prius T-Spirit

My SatNav displays the current speed limit and if I exceed the speed limit the background of the speed limit changes from white to red.

Is it possible to set up the SatNav so that it gives an audible warning? If so, is it possible to choose the sound which is used? I prefer to keep my eyes on the road rather than the SatNav screen!

Thanks in advance.

BigAl

On the NAV screen touch "Options" then "Map settings" then "Speed limits". Select "Audible warning, if limit exceeded by:" and select at what speed you want to be reminded, 5 km/h (3.125 mph) over is the lowest setting. the Nav will now remind you of the speed limit when you go over by the amount set.

As above. Very handy I find for the once in a blue moon I trigger it.

Yes my Yaris has the 'Nag a tronic' facility too. I've set mine so it only comes on @10mph over. Flipping thing used to drive me nuts.

Many thanks Kithmo - that seems to have done it. I've set the reminder to 5kph and it does now work - but strangely it seems to trigger at about 38mph on the digital speedo. Presumably the SatNav is more accurate and the digital speedo is actually over reporting the actual speed.

Thanks again.

That's EXACTLY what is happening. All speedos (whether analogue or digital) are required to over report by EU law.

Yes, the speedo is around 10% over so roughly speaking, when the speedo reads 34 mph you're doing just over 30 mph, so add the 5kph, which is just over 3 mph, the trigger would be about 37/38 mph speedo reading.

I think you'll find the SatNav uses the correct speed rather than the speedo speed.

Many thanks Kithmo - that seems to have done it. I've set the reminder to 5kph and it does now work - but strangely it seems to trigger at about 38mph on the digital speedo. Presumably the SatNav is more accurate and the digital speedo is actually over reporting the actual speed.

Thanks again.

I can confirm that at a speedo indicated 38mph, the car is recording a wheel speed of 34mph - this is the difference between displayed speed and the ECU recorded speed on my PiP according to my scangauge, so confirms the software induced over read.

I think you'll find the SatNav uses the correct speed rather than the speedo speed.

That's what I was saying, speedo 37/38 mph is Sat nav (actual speed) of 34 mph.

• 7 months later...

Hi all.

I have set my speed limit to 3 miles over and it has been working until now. It no longer warns me. Have I accidentally turned some thing off.

Ant

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links