Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation In Rear Lights

Qu1ckn1ck

My GT86 is kept in a dry garage and rarely gets wet but having been caught in the rain a couple of times I now have the dreaded condensation in both rear lights. Is there a fix for this apparently very common problem ? My car is due it's second service in a week or two and there are several niggles like this that I would like attended to.

It's under warranty, ask the dealer to fix it.

(btw is it a common issue on the GT86 l? I know that it was on the T25 Avensis & a few other Toyotas but haven't seen much re. the GT86)

on my avensis it was the light units themselves slackened off and let water run down frame into lights

my boot was soaked aswell

had to remove

dry out in house

refit reseal

been fine for a year

• 1 month later...

I too have condensation in my rear lights. After a quick Google search it appears this is a common problem. The general advice I have read is to take a picture of the condensation and before booking it in for your next service email it to your nearest Toyota dealer who should arrange to have it sorted under warrantee along side your next service. (Two birds with one stone!) :canadian:

Yes, one of several very common problems with the GT86.

Hi Qu1ckn1ck.

Could you list other common problems with the GT86 so we can keep an eye out for them before warrantee expires.

Yes, one of several very common problems with the GT86.

Hi Qu1ckn1ck.

Could you list other common problems with the GT86 so we can keep an eye out for them before warrantee expires.

Other very common problems are:

Small oil leak under the engine that drips onto exhaust and creates strong burning oil smell.

Sticky gear change - particularly second gear

Mine also had

Very noisy and strained operation of the passenger window

Remote locking often sets off a warning tone for no apparent reason - which clears on opening and relocking (Problem advised to dealer who said the new Battery should resolve this problem - but it has NOT !

• 2 weeks later...

Will look out for that.

I've noticed the sticky gear change - especially when cold, its almost impossible to get into 2nd without rasping.

Also noticed that when I shut the drivers door and the window goes up the rubber dosnt sit perfect hence allowing water in when washing. Even if the hose hasn't much power. Passengers sides spot on though!

Not sure if the warrantee will do anything about the sticky gears but I am hoping it will sort the other problems out.