Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanted Font Door Window Regulator

petroleum

Hi, has some one out there, got a good working spare electric o / side, drivers side, front window regulator as a cable has broke on my 97 1.8 Carina

Also although its not needed right now. Has any one got a stainless steel exhaust system or parts of one or a genuine replacement system? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Both my electric window regulators cables snapped within about 6 months the design isnt the best since the cable is expsoed and the water just runs down the cables constanlty and rusts them, still though not bad going they lasted 17 years!

The orginals are getting really hard to find I managed to pickup a passenger side orginal from a scrapper pretty cheap and it was in great condition. At the time time of the year the driver side went it was getting fairly cold and wet so I hurridly picked up a pattern part from eBay for around €45, big mistake it always stuggled to lift the windows and I had to modify the one of the mounting holes in the door to get it in.

After 1.5years the gearing popped and that was it, luckily this It was the summer so I had a bit of time to search out an orginal part.

Both still working great and much smoother that the pattern part, my advise if you have to pay a little bit extra for an orginal second hand part do and slap on as much grease to the cable as you can get away with happy hunting!

Thanks for the advice Daz What I have noticed when looking at the photos on eBay at the different spurious ones for sale is that the original ones from scrap cars have a an extra little bracket on the side of the guide rail, would I be right that if I see one with that it would be an original part.

I would like to hang out for a scrap one really as they are much cheaper anyway. and the spurious one I've just ordered they want £103 which they haven't sent out to me after buying it more than a week ago. The only reason I ordered this one was because it showed in their ad like as though it had the right grey connector. as the one before that I sent back the block connecter did not fit.

Do you know if a broken drivers window is an MOT failure. If not I would like to hang out for an original. Please let me know if you come across one. I've seen on eBay a repair kit for a Corolla but not one for a Carina do you know anything about this way of fixing it? Cheers.