Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Views On Car Jigging

The-Pacman

My car was involved in an accident last year and had to be jigged, after receiving my Aygo back I noticed a number of faults with it and got it sent back to the original garage that done the first lot of repairs. but what shocked me is that when i got it back the second time i could see there was still damage at the rear of the car the rear light was slightly pointing down and the bumper was misaligned so i had it sent to Toyota and they have decided to do all of the work again as the car still wasn't straight and the original garage decided to hide a damaged inner panel with a new outer panel.

The car is getting Jigged for a second time and I'm wondering if there could be any side effects for the car needing jigged twice at the same point. as far as i am aware the car is still on the jig now. what makes it worse is the accident wasn't even my fault a car drove into the back of me!

Think if there was an issue, your Toyota dealer wouldn't do it.

Think if there was an issue, your Toyota dealer wouldn't do it.

I see where you are coming from i think im just a bit courteous because it wasn't fixed correctly the first time around.

Was the other garage an insurer's own repairer?

Must confess after a poor repair from an insurer's (Norwich Union - now Aviva) own repairer on a previous car I had, I would never agree to using an insurer's own repairer again.

After the crash my insurer came and took the car away the next day i called them and requested it to be sent to Toyota and they said that they had already organised for it to go into there garage and that they now couldn't send it else where.

First crash i have been involved in just a couple of weeks after passing my test. wish i knew i could have completely refused it being sent to there repairer.

FROSTYBALLS, on 25 Feb 2015 - 12:23, said:
Was the other garage an insurer's own repairer?

Must confess after a poor repair from an insurer's (Norwich Union - now Aviva) own repairer on a previous car I had, I would never agree to using an insurer's own repairer again.

Depends on your policy. Some insurers have started to charge extra if their own repair network isn't used. We've had one claim since (our Mazda was hit by a car being chased by the police), and had no trouble with our insurer (LV) in taking it to a Mazda dealer's bodyshop for repairs. Some insurers aren't so accommodating though.

Depends on your policy. Some insurers have started to charge extra if their own repair network isn't used. We've had one claim since (our Mazda was hit by a car being chased by the police), and had no trouble with our insurer (LV) in taking it to a Mazda dealer's bodyshop for repairs. Some insurers aren't so accommodating though.

it back fired on my insurers though as there having to pay for it to get fixed at Toyota as they arn't able to claim the additional costs from the other insurer.

Jigging a car is very expensive, you can bet the insurance company will be claiming back from the original repairer. Insurance companies use words that make you take it to their approved repairer, but in reality, you have the right to take it to your main dealer, they will fudge it and say you wont get a loan car and all that type of stuff, but of course you will as your dealer will be providing one

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links