Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Question

toyotabx

Hi, I'm new to this but i need some help please.

My 2002 T Sport Corolla has an airbag fault in the passenger side dashboard airbag, i can't seem to find an airbag easily and i was wondering where i could get hold of one, and will a verso airbag fit?

Thanks

will either of these fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-PASSENGER-FRONT-AIRBAG-2002-2007/191511896547?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29316%26meid%3D78587e55da5c47ac84af0fa8dcc4492d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D201282708605&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-TOYOTA-COROLLA-VERSO-1-8-NS-PASSENGER-SIDE-DASHBOARD-AIRBAG-73970-13020-D-/181667722974?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4c3d76de

Also i rang up a salvage garage who said i need the whole dashboard, and is charging me £100?

Could someone please clear up how much it should roughly cost and if any of these is the right one

Thanks

have you check'd your car out on the Toyota website to be sure its not in the recall that is being done

on a lot of models at this time?.

I would say you really need it fixed by a dealer, far too much of a safety device to start trying to fix with

unknown parts.

some dealers offer a free fault check on their websites , might be worth a try.

good luck with it

Hi,

Cannot help you with any particular airbag, but from what I have read, its very important that before disconnecting or removing any airbag, you first disconnect the Battery and wait 5 + minutes for the circuity to fully discharge or you risk it exploding on you as you work. - they can literally kill you.

Have you checked for simple problems first like a loose wire or connector, plus the sensors or air bag control module could be causing the fault rather than the actual airbag.. again do disconnect the Battery before delving into things and risking setting them off !

HI, thanks for the help guys

My mechanic says there are two fault codes coming up, the passenger front air bag and one from the ecu aswell

Also i typed my number plate into the toyota recall website and they said i can take my vehicle in, but will they fix it if the air bag light is already on?

Thanks

If your car is affected by a recall, the work due under the recall will be completed at no cost to you.

If your car isn't affected by a recall associated with the airbag, then any repair to your passenger airbag will be chargable.

The recall will replace the passenger air bag inflator.

what you really need is a dealer level fault code reader to be used for a clear understanding of what faults are in the system.

I would make contact with a dealer for the recall and see what help they can offer.

worst case is a wiring fault(damage)

a faulty ecu may be costly but is a plugin box bolted down to the floor area.

as before, good luck with this problem

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links