Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dab Radio....problem

Red Yaris 54

Any Members experienced a problem with the LIST function on their Yaris DAB radios?

When new I used to have up to 10 page screens with 6 DAB stations per screen shown on the LIST screen

Now only one station shows.......Even after a LIST REFRESH request

My dealer has acknowledged the problem and the car is in for diagnostic investigation tomorrow......but I am not convinced that they have the knowledge to sort it based on our conversations so far

Anyone else had this problem

Update......The car has been to the supplying dealer

"Confirmed issue with DAB radio. Checked all connections...All OK

Disconnected unit from power supply. left vehicle to stand while it reset.

Carried out system 30 reset and retested all OK

Vehicle now has 9 pages of stations available.

Customer to monitor"

The problem seems to be fixed but the service advisor was unable to explain what the problem was

So will have to see if the "fix" is permanent

Got free complimentary health check......(The car....NOT me!)..... All OK :)

I have experienced similar problems with mine. It seems to depend a lot on how strong the DAB carrier signal strengths are in a given local area. The DAB module doesn't seem to be very good at self-retuning to stronger signals in a timely manner when they change and I think that this is the cause of the "disappearing" list of stations...

I have experienced similar problems with mine. It seems to depend a lot on how strong the DAB carrier signal strengths are in a given local area. The DAB module doesn't seem to be very good at self-retuning to stronger signals in a timely manner when they change and I think that this is the cause of the "disappearing" list of stations...

This is not the case with my Yaris DAB radio......Prior to the reset yesterday I had failed to get any DAB stations to LIST.....but could successfully manually tune the radio to any DAB station regardless of location......It was the LIST function that was my cars problem

As an aside....DAB signal strength in the UK was increased from 20th Feb 2015

Been playing around again and I think I now understand the original problem you were alluding to as I actually have the same behaviour on mine with one slight addition. I can get the "List" to populate usually by doing a "Refresh Station List" and eventually it will show a full screen "1 of 11" (pages). Trouble is that the scroll arrows won't work and I cannot scroll right to page 2 no matter what I try! Is this how it behaved on yours Red?

Carried out system 30 reset and retested all OK

Presumably you had to completely re-setup the head unit after this? (bluetooth, stations etc...)

Curious to know what on earth they mean by a "system 30 reset" as I have the diagnostics cable and Toyota's latest Techstream software on my laptop and there's no such thing on there!! (maybe a local "expression" for a specific procedure??)

Been playing around again and I think I now understand the original problem you were alluding to as I actually have the same behaviour on mine with one slight addition. I can get the "List" to populate usually by doing a "Refresh Station List" and eventually it will show a full screen "1 of 11" (pages). Trouble is that the scroll arrows won't work and I cannot scroll right to page 2 no matter what I try! Is this how it behaved on yours Red?

The scroll arrows at the edge of the screen need an extended touch before they function.....but they work OK

Prior to the reset...the refresh station list would not bring any other stations up ...only the last one listened to.....but now it seems to work.

"System 30"........not a clue what that is.....but it worked!

Hmm... I wonder what muppet software engineer decided that a long press was appropriate for the scroll buttons?! :bangin:

It also strikes me that there are many areas around the DAB control software that could use some major improvements! That "List" should self populate in real time as the module switches carriers and completes its OWN automatic "refresh station list" (in the background)! Or is the DAB module that dumb that you can't continue to listen to a given station whilst it's doing that? It would appear that there is room for improvement with many aspects of DAB's functionality in general actually... Come back RDS FM! All is forgiven! LOL! :laughing:

The scroll arrows at the edge of the screen need an extended touch before they function.....but they work OK

I've just double checked this and long press on my scroll arrows does not work :(

I've just double checked this and long press on my scroll arrows does not work :(

Maybe a visit to your Toyota dealer may be in order then :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the Yaris in at the dealers today to try and sort this DAB radio list problem I've been having. Turns out to be a simple case of using the service menu on the head unit to carry out a "CLR Memory" command, which is more or less the same as a cold reboot of the system, and this cleared up all the problems bar one and that is the incorrect operation of the scrolling information bar on any given station when using DAB (operates correctly using FM RDS). Apparently this is a fundamental software mismatch between the DAB module and the main head unit which may (or may not) be fixed by some future software update.

Be aware that using the "CLR Memory" function is effectively a factory reset and will involve a complete resetting up of all your stations and settings, including bluetooth etc. but it does fix most issues with the DAB unit. (this is probably what was meant by a "system 30 reset" in previous posts)

Just had the Yaris in at the dealers today to try and sort this DAB radio list problem I've been having. Turns out to be a simple case of using the service menu on the head unit to carry out a "CLR Memory" command, which is more or less the same as a cold reboot of the system, and this cleared up all the problems bar one and that is the incorrect operation of the scrolling information bar on any given station when using DAB (operates correctly using FM RDS). Apparently this is a fundamental software mismatch between the DAB module and the main head unit which may (or may not) be fixed by some future software update.

Be aware that using the "CLR Memory" function is effectively a factory reset and will involve a complete resetting up of all your stations and settings, including Bluetooth etc. but it does fix most issues with the DAB unit. (this is probably what was meant by a "system 30 reset" in previous posts)

Just one month after getting the unit reset I have lost the ability to LIST any DAB stations again

This occurred when I drove where the DAB signal disappeared and the LIST dropped from 10 pages of stations to just 1 page displaying the last manually tuned station A list reset does not cure it

How did you access your service menu to perform a Clear Memory CPN?

Looks like it may have to go back to the dealers again :(

Have ign/radio on in "on" position (but doesn't have to be in "ready"), press and hold setup button (gear symbol) then turn lights fully on then off, three times in quick succession...

(edited:190026/03/2015)

• Like 1

Have radio on in "accessory" position, press setup button (gear symbol) then turn lights fully on then off, three times in quick succession...

Thanks for that.......I am just back from dealer who has said that they will replace the complete radio/display unit........So I might just hold back on a system reset and see how the replacement radio performs :)

Keep us posted on how it goes... (note my corrected procedure in my previous post to get to the secret screen)

I'm having similar issues with my new Yaris, I can't get more than 1 page in the list and have no idea what the "Ensemble" bit is all about as it does nothing. Before I found this thread I thought it was just me being thick, thanks guys. I will take mine to the dealer and ask them to sort it.

Terry

• Like 1

Update

Took it to the dealer and they fixed it, no idea what they did but what ever it was wiped all my pairings, stored numbers and favourites on AM & FM. So I suspect a reboot.

Terry

My replacement unit is being fitted under warranty on Tuesday afternoon.......Will let you know how it goes :)

UPDATE......Replacement new DAB / Infotainment unit fitted under warranty

Just prior to letting the dealer have the car I activated "Delete Personal Data" option on touch screen only to find that the DAB system started to LIST again!

I reported this to the service manager......But they still changed the unit :)

On a road trip Wednesday so will check out DAB reception

• Like 1

I think you will eventually find that it will do the same thing... I believe this to be a fundamental software interface issue between the DAB module and the main Head Unit itself which may only be fixed by a soft/firmware update on one or the other or both. Time will tell whether Toyota thinks that it is serious enough to address I suppose...

I think you will eventually find that it will do the same thing... I believe this to be a fundamental software interface issue between the DAB module and the main Head Unit itself which may only be fixed by a soft/firmware update on one or the other or both. Time will tell whether Toyota thinks that it is serious enough to address I suppose...

On current Yaris with Touch 2 and DAB the the DAB is an integral part of the headunit unlike Touch 1 where an add on module was fitted to give DAB.

Toyota have just released a software update for the Touch 2 headunits, bulletin reference BE-0044T-0415 to fix the following issues:

- No volume change is possible during hands free mode even though the volume knob is rotated.

- When reversing, the reverse camera screen is freezing every 6 seconds creating a jerking image.

- When driving forward, the reverse camera screen is displayed.

- It takes 8 to 15 seconds to display the list of dialled phone n°s.

- Missed calls are displayed instead of displaying the call history.

- Blank DAB service list during DAB reception

- The screen freezes during navigation voice guidance.

The update is via USB and needs to be completed by your local dealer.

Thanks! That's excellent news! I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow! ☺

Car booked in on Friday afternoon to apply the Touch 2 USB update! :clap:

Got the car back after the update. VERY pleased! :clap:

Audio software version now shows as XE3864 (Device type 13TXDAEU-CA02).

I would encourage everyone with a recent Touch 2 unit to beat a path to your Toyota Main dealer's door and get booked in for this free upgrade. It fixes a lot more than just what's in the list in post #22. Firstly, yes, the "disappearing list" function is fixed so that's a good start but there were also other irritations I had with mine also.

One was the way that the "what's on" scrolling line under the station information (when listening to DAB) was getting truncated and actually wasn't scrolling at all (when it worked fine on FM RDS) but that is also now fixed and works well for all stations.

Another was actually a NAV function related to the steering wheel controls and it was control of the NAV audio using the up/down buttons. Previously (on mine anyway), if you hit the soft key "ear" on the NAV screen to adjust the volume of the voice and then you hit either up ("+") or down ("-") on the steering wheel, it would straight away default to the Audio volume and would adjust that instead of the NAV volume. The same thing happened if you tried the steering wheel buttons while the voice was actually speaking during a NAV instruction. The only way to adjust the NAV volume was to hit the "ear" soft key and then use the knob on the head unit instead. After the update it now works as it should i.e. hit the "ear" soft key and then use the up or down key on the steering wheel does now alter the NAV volume and not the Audio or you can simply use the steering wheel buttons to adjust the NAV volume whilst it is active also...

I'm sure there are probably others that have also been fixed that I haven't yet noticed but as you can see, since it has fixed not just the DAB functionality but also the NAV irritations as well, it is well worth taking the car in for the couple of hours needed to complete this update. I would highly recommend it. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links