Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dab Radio....problem

Red Yaris 54

Glad to hear it worked for you, I hope it stays fixed. My local dealer "fixed" mine but it's just lost the list again, I think it might be something to do with pairing a phone on bluetooth.

Terry

Glad to hear it worked for you, I hope it stays fixed. My local dealer "fixed" mine but it's just lost the list again, I think it might be something to do with pairing a phone on Bluetooth.

Terry

What did they do to fix it ? Does your headunit have software version XE3864 installed ?

Terry, did they actually tell you that they had applied the USB update properly?

Another thing I have noticed today is that if you turned the car off with the audio on (as I always do), the audio comes on a LOT quicker than it did before (the update) when you start the car up again and long before the head unit has fully finished starting up (logo still in the middle...).

I think it might be something to do with pairing a phone on Bluetooth.

I would have thought that that is completely irrelevant to the DAB operation...

One thing I forgot to mention is that when they updated mine, absolutely NONE of the existing settings or bluetooth pairings were lost at all. All my favorites were still there, phone book etc etc... Nothing lost at all.

So, if yours wasn't like that afterwards, I'm guessing that they did not do the USB update at all but just did another reset instead...

All they did was cycle the power off and back on by unplugging it, they seem to be unaware of the software update, so I have forwared the post from here to their service manager. I will follow up on Monday.

Terry

Good. Keep at them! There does seem to be massive variances between the quality of Toyota Main Dealers down here in England!

I am getting excellent service and professionalism from Burrows here in Doncaster I have to say...

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my software upgrade, doesn't seem to change much other than the DAB has kept its list for 5 days now.

Thanks for telling me about the bulletin once I gave them that info they were able to do something rather than give me waffle.

Regards

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Any Members experienced a problem with the LIST function on their Yaris DAB radios?

I have exact same thing here, channel list is complete empty, Manual mode and presets are working. Hope, German dealers get this update too.

From what I can gather, it is a pan-european software upgrade so they should get it... Try quoting the bulletin number to the dealers? (BE-0044T-0415)

• Like 1

Yes quoting that bulletin number worked for me , my dealer wasn't aware of it till I told him. My thanks to whoever found it and put it on here.

Terry

Went to dealer yesterday and asked for the update. They didn't know anything about it and were only able to find it, when I gave him the BE-number provided here. Now my DAB works fine.

Thanks again for sharing this useful information.

Mine has this problem on national you only have get one radio station. You can switch to different areas but you only get one radio station for each one. I used too have lots of stations now it's stuck on some crappy one, kinda sucks really

I guess I better book it in and get it sorted as it's been driving me crazy

• 4 years later...

No idea what a system 30 is but I did this 

1. Go into service menu (car off, hold audio, turn on car, turn headlights on and off 3 times, let go of audio, now in service menu)

2. Went into diagnostics, press and hold clear memory.

3. Went through other menus to see if anything else needed clearing.  I found a dab reception menu, it showed reception was OK

4. Turn off car, wait 15 seconds

5. Turn on car, allow to boot and scan.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links