Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Year Corolla Verso Is Most Trouble?

roks

Hi All,

I am thinking of up size to a Corolla Verso 7 seater. I am looking at 1.8L Petrol and must have cruise control, any first hand experience you had with these? Are they as reliable as the Corolla E12?

I would like to know which year of manufacture is the most trouble free, engine performance and consumption etc.

Thanks for

Reliable car, i had a 2004, stay away from 2004 and 2005 1.8L. These have oil consumption problems and burn oil and result in engine seizing prematurely. My engine seized up but at 140k miles because of this issue, even though it had done so many miles it was really reliable and had many thousand miles to come yet, not a single odd sound. I had T3 model, which had good spec and cruise control included. I got 50 - 55 MPG on motorway run and about 42 MPG city.

Have a look at a Toyota Avensis Verso.....slightly bigger than the Corolla Verso but we've had one for 6 years now and it's done 120000 miles and never gone wrong. Diesels had some problems but petrol vvti models go well.

You got 55mpg in the 1.8VVTi?! :eek:

How did you do this? I can't get much better than that in my dad's 2.0 D4D one! :eek:

Ive never had a diesel so don't know if this will work. Car was used for 120 mile commute 100% motorway everyday. Shift from gear 1 to 2 at 10 MPH then from gear 2 to 4 at 30 MPH and then 5th gear from 40 onwards.Go on the throttle lightly and dont floor it, you will see MPG go really high in about 15-20 miles.

What is the oil consumtion issue with the 2005 models ? Can you elaborate a bit on how to look out for that ?

Basically, every 500 miles it drunk all the oil in the car. I had to keep filling up the oil again and again until it went bust. Its had the oil issue for more than 10 years but old owner dident correct it (i brought it literally days after the warranty expired). Late 2005 and 2006 models+ have the fix for it, only 2004 and early 2005 models have issue.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm not going to rush this one, looking a low milage at the good price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links