Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Read Japanese?

ymykenya

Hi. I have tried to load a new map DVD on my Avensis 2004. However, the system is giving me a notification, which I am unable to read. It is is Japanese and my whole navi system display is also in Japanese. Attached at two images. Do we have anyone in rhe forum who can read Japanese to help on what the system is trying to say?

post-139117-142506473678_thumb.jpgpost-139117-142506475692_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

You can download instructions for the various versions of the TNS (Toyota Navigation System).

I'm not sure which version you have installed but someone will be able to assist. Once you know which version there are online retailers who can supply a variety of maps on DVD

Thank you Gazza1286. The start screen of the navi gives the following image (see attached), which is also in Japanese.post-139117-142522012646_thumb.jpg

Follow the actual traffic regulations when traveling Do not operate while driving the person who is driving for safe driving

Data is not read map disk Please correct basket confirmation

Thanks so much Raistlin. Would you also be kind to help in pointing me to where I can change the language of the system based on the following screenshots? I have tried all the guess work but none has helped. The disc in the system is also pictured. post-139117-142528147141_thumb.jpgpost-139117-142528148567_thumb.jpgpost-139117-142528150039_thumb.jpgpost-139117-142528153196_thumb.jpg

It looks to me that your map disc is a map of Japan. Could this be why you have the problem?.

• Like 1

Most likely yes. The disc could be the problem. Which exact disc must I buy to reset the language to english?

I am a not an expert on these things but if you wish to use the satnav then the only answer it to get the disc for the country you are going to use it in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links