Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whistling Wing Mirrors

yaris driver

Hi again,

We're *very* impressed with the lack of engine/tyre/wind noise on our new T3. Trouble is, it is so quiet that we can hear an annoying whistling noise (when travelling at speed) which we have tracked down to the driver's wing mirror. It comes from a small 'slot' on the back of the mirror where two mouldings apparently join. Has anyone else had this problem, and (short of filling it with blu-tack...) is there a cure?

Ta

Nick

Mine does thit too but only at 90mph plus.

My T sport rattles like hell anyway, probably had a hard life!

try to swich the vent so that it uses the air from inside of the car and not outside

Mine makes a similar noise sometimes, but only at really high speeds.

'Body coloured' blue tack doesn't actually sound like a bad idea! lol :lol: If its a T3 then I'm guessing its still under warranty - in which case take it into your local dealer and get them to sort it out. My local dealer has been pretty good with sorting out rattles and squeaks under warranty.

I get that noise as wheel.....but only from about 85mph+....so its not really a problem....just annoyin. But since i have my sound system on normally i cant hear anything so i dont need 2 worry bout it. Altho installin an after-market sound system is a rather expenisve solution. :P

Thanks for all the suggestions! I guess the tolerances on the mouldings could just be a little high and we were just unlucky. We'll take it up with Toyota. Otherwise, fantastic car! I think we love it too much already :drool:

Nick

should you be driving that fast, its the yaris way of telling you to slow down

• 5 months later...
Thanks for all the suggestions! I guess the tolerances on the mouldings could just be a little high and we were just unlucky. We'll take it up with Toyota. Otherwise, fantastic car! I think we love it too much already  :drool:

Nick

My brand new Yaris Blue has made the wing mirror noise since day one, and at 30-35 mph, the dealer has just changed the mirror and its made no difference. Its really annoying as without the CD on its so loud. Wonder where I stand with it being new if they can't fix the fault?

Liz

I read a similar problem on a Subaru Forum.

They had solved the problem by folding the mirror back and applying Black insulating tape to the joint then putting the mirror back in place. This effectively seals the small gap that causes the whistle :thumbsup:

Hope this is clear and helps. I have yet to try it on my T3

I've just had my Yaris Blue for just over a week and mine has a whistling noise too, wouldn't say its really annoying. The range it kicks in is about 30-35mph+ Had a T3 before this but never had such a noise. If it gets worse then might take it back to my dealer but for the moment its tolerable.

Yarisldc

Mine's began to whistle too - doesnt seem to be a permanent thing tho just every now and then, and cos its cold I dont have the windows open much so I can hear it when I dont have my music on B)

Mine's began to whistle too - doesnt seem to be a permanent thing tho just every now and then, and cos its cold I dont have the windows open much so I can hear it when I dont have my music on  B)

What tune does it whistle Blue?

We should get them all together as a T3 choir :) :D ;) :yes::rolleyes:

We should get them all together as a T3 choir  :)  :D  ;)  :yes:  :rolleyes:

Hmm, well actually it seems to be a variety of tunes more than one in particular!

After all variety is the spice of life ;)

And they would all be a multi coloured choir too!!

:D :D

We should get them all together as a T3 choir  :)  :D  ;)   :yes:   :rolleyes:

Hmm, well actually it seems to be a variety of tunes more than one in particular!

After all variety is the spice of life ;)

And they would all be a multi coloured choir too!!

:D :D

THank all you yaris whistlers at least I know I am not alone! I will ask re insulation tape. By the way any one else had problem with windows not being cleaned of mist on winding up and down, I have had to have mine adjusted and still no better, have to press on window to ensure contact woth seal to wipe mist off.

THank all you yaris whistlers at least I know I am not alone! I will ask re insulation tape. By the way any one else had problem with windows not being cleaned of mist on winding up and down, I have had to have mine adjusted and still no better, have to press on window to ensure contact woth seal to wipe mist off.

Mines like that too, but especially now the weather has turned I use a scraper which is meant to be used for scraping off frost to scrape off the mist/rain before I get in..otherwise I leave it and open the window if I need to a bit at junctions (providing its not raining at hte time) for better visibility.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links