Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Brake Backing Plates

Oilkid

Hi

Does anyone know where to get rear back plates for a 2004 Rav4. Yesterday I was quoted £960.00 for two back plates (this is not a typo and decimal point is in the right place). :gora:

Part numbers 4650342021 and 4650442021.

Told them it wasn't the hub and brakes I was wanting, just the back plate.

Total premier league of robbery for a bit of tin. :cacker: not to mention £75 for pads. :ph34r: :alucard: :jester:

Not amused

Jas

Are these the dust shields or whatever they are called? If so , just remove them and run without as several on here currently (including me) and previously do.

Are these the dust shields or whatever they are called? If so , just remove them and run without as several on here currently (including me) and previously do.

On the rear of the Rav4.2 the plates also form the mounting for the parking brake shoes, hence the high cost and meaning they can't just be removed.

post-45863-0-36636600-1425150228_thumb.p

What I am saying is that the bit that rusts and falls off is just the disc shields and not the mounting points. This has been covered on here before and the general consensus was that it was fine to run without them. Assuming we are talking about the same item. I recall the cost of them was mentioned in a previous thread.

Yes, it's the backing plate as per the above diagram. Brakes will be removed tomorrow to check the condition of parking brake etc but nevertheless if I strip something down I would normally replace this with new. But not at that price, which is a total joke. (£30-£40) is reasonable but not (£480). I know this could be trimmed,cut around the disc if it doesn't affect the brake mechanism but it's not the point.

I will see how it looks tomorrow, when the rain is doing it's maximum damage :boat:

Jason

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links