Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Reversing Audio Warnings.

Tyfan

My2012 Rav4 had been giving erroneous warning beeps since temperature began to drop in November.

On selecting Reverse there was the initial double beep, then invariably into the long solid note indicating you are close enough. As the day wore on the warnings would range from fast beeps to solid beeps.

The sensors in the bumper were kept clean but the only common denominator was the outside air temp.

the car visited Mr T in December but no fault found. As the problem persisted and I do not have an isolation switch,(apparently only fitted as part of a towbar fit) I eventually persuaded the Garage to try again. Last week after changing all 4 Sensors everything works!!!! Two sensors had water in them.

As the temperature dropped this froze and the sensor triggered the warning. As the ice melted through the day we moved from intermittent to ok again. Fortunately all covered by warranty.

Word of caution, if power washing the car. Don't direct jet directly onto sensor as this could possibly lead to this type of problem. Hope this helps anyone with same type of problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links