Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Limp Mode

sandd

Hi to all

I am a new recruit to the club and I love my 04 Rav4, bought in November. It was great for the first 4-6 weeks but then a small problem became a big one. It had an intermittent issue when climbing a hill, it would go into limp mode and not make it to the top, I would have have to pull over and remove the key for a minute, then would be fine and the problem would not happen for a few days or so. The engine light would also come on and stay on for 4 start ups then go out.

I had it serviced by a local mechanic and he wasnt sure what the problem was as the code was unique to Toyota. (code was p1250) I googled the problem, lots of fellow ravvers suffering the same. Lots of advice on this forum and lots of different ideas too. Being a girl and not understanding engines too much, i was not able to try any of the remedies on offer but luckily my car was covered under warranty, only a 3 month one!! took it to the garage, they diagnosed turbo and fitted a new one, with an official certificate and 2 year guarantee happy days!! Since the new turbo the car has been fine, zooming up hills no problem and just being a pure dream to be in. Feeling very lucky as I know turbos can cost a lot.

Just wanted to add my experience to all of you who are suffering the same condition.

I also wanted any advice of buying some side steps or running boards for my beauty, heard some stories of aftermarket ones being a pain to fit or of sub standard quality. Any recommended websites would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Hi Sandra, great news.

Is this your second RAV as your profile says that you have a Mk1 model,bit confusing.

If you change this it will save you putting the detail on what you have if there are any more info you can add to help others on here

Del

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links