Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adjusting Interior Light With Toyota Techstream?

dave hendy

Has anyone with a Toyota techstream adjusted the setting on the interior lamp? Apparently it has 5 settings and is set on 3 as standard. I have ordered a lead so I can adjust this amongst other things, is it easy to do?

Are there any other settings worth tweeking?

If you have Auto Headlights you can adjust the ambient light level at which the switch on and off.

Also Stop/Start can be turned off, it is on by default but can be switched off for the journey via a switch in the center console.

Never heard of the interior light being adjustable though?

If you have Auto Headlights you can adjust the ambient light level at which the switch on and off.

Also Stop/Start can be turned off, it is on by default but can be switched off for the journey via a switch in the center console.

Never heard of the interior light being adjustable though?

Hope it is, main reason I am getting the cable/sortware!

Not got stop start on my 1 litre

Sure I will find some use for it if I can use the software

The interior lamp is that the one ball eye interior light or the dash back light i have a iq3 and i can ajust the backlight dimmer when the lights are on with the trip button under the display.

The interior lamp is that the one ball eye interior light or the dash back light i have a iq3 and i can ajust the backlight dimmer when the lights are on with the trip button under the display.

Ye I knew about the dash lighting, thanks. No I mean the dome interior light. I will look for the info I read about adjusting it in the week? Perhaps I was wrong??

Hi all

You can only adjust the tiime out from something like 15, 20,and 30 secs. You can't adjust brightnese etc its a 1/4 W fixed LED

David

Hi all

You can only adjust the tiime out from something like 15, 20,and 30 secs. You can't adjust brightnese etc its a 1/4 W fixed LED

David

That will be a shame, I read all the posts but until you get the car you don't realise how bad it is!

Can't believe Toyota never improved it

Nor did Aston Martin when they built the Cygnet

I have been doing modifications for people in the Uk,Europe and the USA. Replacing the internal LED capsule within the dome for a 1.5 W device and adding the ability to extend its function to LED's in the roof lining at the rear via a custom wiring harness. The replacement capsule in the dome is also brought forward thus increasing the beam angle and so illuminating all the front cockpit and partial rear. The look and functionality of the dome are left exactly the same but with a much better light output.

David Broadcast and electronics engineer

Hi all

David

Your right I read the info again its on about the Auto headlamps, teach me not to read things to quickly :oops:

I now have the Techstream and I am able to see and change the settings such as turning off the bong when you take your seatbelt off. I can also see and clear fault codes, nine had 4! But I can't seem to be able to see live data, should I be able to?

You should be able to see live data from different systems. Like, engine and A/C etc

David

You should be able to see live data from different systems. Like, engine and A/C etc

David

Thanks for the info, not sure why I can't?

No big deal but it would have been interesting

Re installed the software tonight and I can see live data so all good. Plus my 4 fault codes have not reappeared!

Fantastic!!!!

David

Indeed, £20 well spent!!

Can you send me a link to where you bought it?

Might have a play and see what my car says to me but want to make sure I buy the right thing. :)

Cheers

Craig.

Can you send me a link to where you bought it?

Might have a play and see what my car says to me but want to make sure I buy the right thing. :)

Cheers

Craig.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mini-VCI-TIS-Techstream-OBD-2-II-Diagnostic-Interface-Cable-For-TOYOTA-/221686153391?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339d8640af

You need a laptop or PC with XP or windows 7 I think

Good luck