Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hitch Receiver For 2008 Auris?

Tarekith

Hi everyone,

My wife and I just moved to Luxembourg from Seattle, and recently bought a 2008 Auris 1.4D 5 door for driving around Europe. I had brought my Kuat NV bike rack with us to help with transporting our mountain bikes, but I'm having trouble finding a 1.25 inch tow hitch receiver for the Auris to mount the rack to.

Has anyone had any luck with this, or know if one for a Corolla would work instead? Unfortunately due to the weight (and cost) of the bikes, using one of those generic strap on racks for the rear isn't an option.

Thanks for any help, didn't expect it would be this hard to find something suitable for a rear bike rack when we purchased the car.

welcome to the forum & this side of the pond. :)

I may be wrong but I think that you will find that we use a different style of system in Europe for towing than in the US.

An example of our towbar style is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Auris-06-09-Detachable-Towbar-/350741091407

Thanks very much for confirming what I was beginning to start to realize. Guess I'll look into alternatives, thanks for the help!