Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Landcruiser 2005 Injector Copper Washers

1ROY1

hello to every one ,

my landcruiser visited Benfield Toyota leeds sept/2014 on a recall found by myself on Toyota uk

website ,the reason I checked for a recall was on morning start up it filled the street with smoke.

on contact with the garage they confirmed the recall and booked it in ,the vehicle was in for 2 days ,and

infact seemed okay no smoke, 3 days later I received a call from the dealers warranty guy he asked if

vehicle was ok and could they have it for another day to change some gaskets, of course I said yes

the work was done? and the vehicle returned to me ,in nov/ 2014 I had to go into hospital for a knee

replacement, hence my wife drove the motor she complained of a vibration coming from the engine

I emailed the service manager asking him for paperwork for the recall ,he responded by telling me

that no paperwork was available,i emailed him back saying it was vital I had paperwork in case of

future problems and I needed to know what they had done, at that point I also informed him of the

vibration ,I never received a reply ,on the 28th of feb/2015 the vehicle seized up and I had it

recovered to the dealer in leeds were it now is and basically at this moment in time they have

removed the sump and told me it is seized up (o yes) and will not be doing any more work until

Toyota uk advise or I pay (no chance) ,I live in hope. but will fight to the end

Hello Roy - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As regards recalls, it is usual that the customer doesn't receive any documentation on what has been done - the documentation goes to Toyota in support of the recall work done. The service history that Toyota hold will have details of what recall work was done and when.

Topic moved to the Land Cruiser club.

hello to every one ,

my landcruiser visited Benfield Toyota leeds sept/2014 on a recall found by myself on Toyota uk

website ,the reason I checked for a recall was on morning start up it filled the street with smoke.

on contact with the garage they confirmed the recall and booked it in ,the vehicle was in for 2 days ,and

infact seemed okay no smoke, 3 days later I received a call from the dealers warranty guy he asked if

vehicle was ok and could they have it for another day to change some gaskets, of course I said yes

the work was done? and the vehicle returned to me ,in nov/ 2014 I had to go into hospital for a knee

replacement, hence my wife drove the motor she complained of a vibration coming from the engine

I emailed the service manager asking him for paperwork for the recall ,he responded by telling me

that no paperwork was available,i emailed him back saying it was vital I had paperwork in case of

future problems and I needed to know what they had done, at that point I also informed him of the

vibration ,I never received a reply ,on the 28th of feb/2015 the vehicle seized up and I had it

recovered to the dealer in leeds were it now is and basically at this moment in time they have

removed the sump and told me it is seized up (o yes) and will not be doing any more work until

Toyota uk advise or I pay (no chance) ,I live in hope. but will fight to the end

up date on the present situation ,toyota uk will not help,the dealer informs me its nothing to do with the work they did on the recall ( after sales

manager thats a new one ) but a toyota technical manager who covers the area is to look at the situation on an impartial role LO L and advise but

he is very busy and it may take a few days, the citizens advice web site as been useful in my cause which then leads on to trading standards

regarding motor dealers and the sale of goods act ie parts fitted and protocol to follow. quite a few ways to go before i give up.

i have given the dealer an ultimatum to get some movement lets see what happens

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roy

Hope you got things sorted, please let us know.

Nice Bowser by the way.

Cheers

Jeff