Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front End Creak

mikey-t

hey all, ill try and keep it short. I have a 58 plate 1.8 t25. Recently started to hear a creak on the passenger side, it only seems to happen when the wheels are turned. If i go over a speed bump and the wheels are straight no noise can be heard. Had the car booked in for a service and m.o.t last week so asked them to investigate while it was there. When i picked the car up they said they couldnt find anything wrong and it passed its m.o.t without a single advisory. Now mysteriously the noise has switched from the passenger side to drivers side. Any ideas guys??? Cheers!!

Sounds like a component which is stressed when cornering. A squeak as opposed to a knock sort of eliminates the CV joint. I would be looking at possibly worn ARB bushes. Start with treating them with silicone spray. If the noise stops - there's your problem. It'll return but bushes are cheap enough to swap over - couple of bolts and you're done.

Mick this sounds like a classic front drop link problem to me without being in your car at the time,and has been said already ..ARBs easy enough fix to be honest ?are you any good with spanners at all..

Pair of drop links no more than £40 notes.

Thanks for the ideas guys, appreciate it!! ill do a bit of poking at the weekend. Having owned an alfa 147 im very very handy with a set of spanners and very familiar with suspesion noises!!!! :laughing: