Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk3 Yaris Trend Steering Wheel Controls Back Light

MEP's Yaris GS

Normally a Prius plug in driver myself, however needed to do 300 miles behind the wheel of our 2014 Yaris Trend over the weekend. A nice place to be I must say :)

One thing that's come to my attention though, is that the steering wheel audio/phone controls are not back lit like they are in most cars.

Is this normal or a fault on our Yaris? I'm hoping its the latter as it was a right pain in the back side, especially as the layout is different to other Toyota models (IE my PiP).

Probably as they come. Some Toyotas have backlit steering wheel controls, some don't. There was a topic on this last year in the Yaris club, and from what I recall, they're not backlit.

• Like 1

The steering wheel controls are not backlit but they are shaped with dished and bump profiles so they can be detected in the dark

The steering wheel controls are not backlit but they are shaped with dished and bump profiles so they can be detected in the dark

Thanks for confirming that, having bumps doesn't help when you're not used to the layout, as an infrequent user of the car - seems silly cost cutting to me, but overall its the only gripe with the car. It wouldn't be so bad if the layout was universal in all Toyota's (wishful thinking).
  • Like 1

The control profiles are quickly mastered and it becomes second nature in the dark......I actually prefer the shaped profiles to distracting lit buttons on the steering wheel

The control profiles are quickly mastered and it becomes second nature in the dark......

Assuming you use the car day in day out and are not an occasional user.

Its the first car I've come across where they're not back lit personally, and I drive a range of vehicles.

I was about to post a thread on this exact topic... I thought our car had a fault - obviously not..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links