Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rust Above The Drivers Position On The Roof

Fredandles

My AYGO is just 3 years old during a visit to sort out one of the common leak problems at the rear. I pointed out the rust spot above the drivers position where the roof meets the windscreen..Photos have been taken and we will contact you with the results...Guess what I was told it was a stone chip even though the paintwork was intact. I have been driving for 40 years and know what a stone chip looks like..I even have one on the bonnet which i have dealt with.There are two people at my place of work with older models and they have rusting problems in the exactly same area. Doing a bit of detective work whilst my wife was shopping at the Trafford Centre I found two older cars with exactly the same problem...Are we to take the stone chip exuse as a reason for Toyota to fob us off. I for one will not accept this. We need to get together and challenge a poor manufacturing error on the build of the car.

My wife's January 2009 Aygo is rusting in several places along the bottom of the sills, and has been for 2 years or so, I've been over-painting the rust with Hammerite but it persists.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links