Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Post Code Search Feature On A Gen 5

magicdrshoon

With regards to the map updates, is this purely maps, or is it the software too?

If a new disk will add post code searching I may well stump up the money (as unreasonable as it is, even second hand).

If not I'll just carry on using the free, up-to-date nav on my phone and the Gen 5 as a back-up.

EDIT: I'm having a little doubt now that I have the Gen 5! I used the map store on Toyota website and thought that was the one that mostly resembled mine, but just found a post matching 'B9010' (what mine has on the front) to a TNS700.

it depends ... :P certainly on my 57 plate when I updated disc (think it was E13) there was a firmware update for the unit as well as updated mapping.

but also iirc even E10 had a postcode search facility (just not full 6 digit)?

B9010 /TNS700 are the same unit.

it depends ... :P certainly on my 57 plate when I updated disc (think it was E13) there was a firmware update for the unit as well as updated mapping.

but also iirc even E10 had a postcode search facility (just not full 6 digit)?

B9010 /TNS700 are the same unit.

I currently have the E10 disk.

I've only used it a couple of times, but couldn't see the postcode search. I'll have another look tomorrow.

It seems that the B9010, TNS700 and the Gen 5 are all the same.

So did the firmware update include full postcode searching?

I think so (it's a few years ago now so a bit hazy) but it was an improvement.

Heidfirst: I had a look yesterday. It does do postcode searching, but only the first 4 characters of the postcode, just as you said.

So, if anyone has a B9010/TNS700/Gen5 unit with a more recent map disk than the E10 (2008), does it have full postcode search?

Or should i say, if your B9010/TNS700/Gen5 unit has full postcode search, which disk are you using?

Thanks for your help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links