Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!

aw4848

hi i have a 2005 verso i am having problems with the immobiliser it keeps activating.I think this may be due to the centeral locking not working properly.I have two questions.. if I use the key (not remote) to lock & unlock the car, will I be activating the alarm/immobiliser? Have had to be towed twice now. And finally where is the central locking relay located? Thank you in advance.

If the immobiliser kicks off you just need to disconnect Battery and reconnect then you can carry on driving. Immobiliser will normally play up if you use the manual key to open the car door, use the remote and it wont happen.

• Like 1

The only way to dis able the immobiliser is to lock and unlock the car twice with remote and then start.this didn't happen as the central locking isn't working properly.

I have disconnected the batt for 3 days no affect.only a fluke open and close reset has ever got it going. Even RAC man had no luck with his special little laptop thing. He couldn't even clear error b2799

Very strange because when the Battery disconnects it normally resets the immobiliser too. I think your central lockings causing it to play up.

Moved to the Verso club.