Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Warranty

The-Pacman

My Aygo is due a service at just over two years old and 14000 miles. i was wondering if to keep the three year warranty if i can use none genuine parts to service the car? i know genuine parts are better but at the moment my budget cant stretch to genuine parts. and £179 for a service at toyota seems a bit steep for me. especially when i can buy the parts from euro car parts for around £50 and a garage near where i live will fit them for £50

Under Block Exemption one can have one's car serviced at an independent VAT registered garage and retain the new car warranty. However, manufacturer's service schedules need to be adhered to, and parts used should be at least of comparable quality to manufacturer's parts.

It is often easiest to use manufacturer's parts as, should a warranty issue arise and the service schedule/quality of parts be questioned, the onus would be on the vehicle owner to prove the parts used were of comparable quality to the manufacturer's parts.

Under Block Exemption one can have one's car serviced at an independent VAT registered garage and retain the new car warranty. However, manufacturer's service schedules need to be adhered to, and parts used should be at least of comparable quality to manufacturer's parts.

It is often easiest to use manufacturer's parts as, should a warranty issue arise and the service schedule/quality of parts be questioned, the onus would be on the vehicle owner to prove the parts used were of comparable quality to the manufacturer's parts.

Should it matter that it is a month late? it has been in at Toyota for the past month getting body work done

Think the leeway in servicing is one month or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first - so you should be OK. If you have any documentation to support the fact it has been having body repairs done for the last month, keep a copy with your service history.

Think the leeway in servicing is one month or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first - so you should be OK. If you have any documentation to support the fact it has been having body repairs done for the last month, keep a copy with your service history.

its over a month, believe it was due on the 22nd of January but it was took in on the 21st to get the repair job done again after being crashed into. only got it back Friday gone. think im going to have to ring Toyota.

Booked into Citroen it was about £50 cheaper than Toyota and i was reassured that the warranty wont be affected at all.

Get that in writing

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

No need to get that in writing the invoice will cover that and as mike stated earlier as long as the parts are comparable to the manufactures, I'm guessing Citroen will be using there parts so they should be near enough the same quality. probably made in the same factory.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links