Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq Key Signal Boost ?

kai3747

Hi. Does anyone found a way to boost the signal of the factory key entry system in an IQ? I think comparing to my other car Audi A3 that Toyota's system is very weak on signal. I tried different batteries but nothing. Audi signal pass walls. Toyota's until 3-5 meters .......

Mod edit - Shouting removed. Please refrain from shouting in your posts

Do you mean the remote or the keyless entry?

You don't want much range on a keyless system otherwise someone could nick your car. If the former, then we find our IQ keyring to have a normal 20+ foot range.

Why would you wish to operate the car's locking system from further than 3-5 metres??

• Like 1

For many reasons ,one for example: i live in second floor in a flat.when i w=
ant to open audi ,instead of going down to garage i open it from the flat . I=
q key even if i am in garage i must be very close.can anyone
Try to boost this signal?

I have the keyless ignition but there is a lock and unlock button on the fob as well.

I'm amazed at the range it has, It's far better than my old Range Rover was. I reckon my iQ must have at least 50 feet and I have tried it and it worked when I was about 100 feet away.

Wonder if you are getting interference from other sources, can you drive somewhere more remote away from buildings, power lines etc. and test it again?

Craig.

Wonder if you are getting interference from other sources, can you drive somewhere more remote away from buildings, power lines etc. and test it again?

Craig.

Well reported local 4g mast interferance with Toyota remotes. Seems to be the 800 mhz system that O2 like more than the others.

Toyota is on 433.920 along with 5 billion other things On a friday evening when my wife gets in from work, the only way to get our Verso to lock is to lean over the bonnet with the fob and swirl it around the windscrean. An hour later all is back to normal. I can see a wide un modulated signal on 433.910 which is quite strong and due to the poor selectivity in the receiver it seems to be swamping it. My iQ next to it.

No problem. Doesnt happen any other time in the week that we tried and not weekends. Me thinks i will put a directional aerial on my spectrum analyser and go hunting

David. broadcast electronics engineer

We had issue with a 4g mast - was it you who got to the bottom of it or another forum?

But I also used to have fun with my old taxi two way radio/dispatch computer. If you got it to transmit within 10 foot of certain BMW's, Land/Range Rovers and some Rovers it would set their alarm a beeping :)

Used to be a nightmare at Manchester airport as the system would be out of range and would repeatedly transmit a handshake to base - which obviously never picked it up. Try driving through a multistory carpark at an airport when your radio is setting off 1 in 10 car alarms. The novalty wears off very quickly.

So it really could be anything.

so guys what isthe issue with the iq? is it from factory weak signal? i tried it away from any other signals but the same thing

It is not normally a problem with the iQ operating the key fob at a distance. If its the only fob you have change the Battery. The Battery is a higher capacity than most as the smart entry takes its toll on it having to transpond every time you walk around the car hence the higher capacity

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links