Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blowing Exhaust

thomasaiwilcox

Hi all,

I bought my IQ last week from a Toyota dealership second hand. Its been great up to now but I have noticed that i might have a blowing exhaust (a hole in it).

The car came with a 12 month warranty which apparently covers everything but the exhaust system.

Do you think I would have any grounds to complain to the dealership for selling my a car with an exhaust problem or is it just one of those things?

Cheers in advance,

Tom

I would go back to the dealer, ask them to check it and if it is the exhaust, point out to them (politely) that the exhaust must have been in poor condition when you bought the car from them. See what they say ....

I'd expect it to be fixed since you've only had the car a week

I'd expect it to be fixed since you've only had the car a week

Exactly think they have to sort it if it's blowing as you have only had it a week

What engine you got? Just wondering as the 1.0 can sound like the exhaust is blowing at times

• Like 1

Just had my uncle (a mechanic) inspect the car on a ramp. Turns out not only has the EGR problem been fixed but also the exhaust is not blowing (even though it sounds like it is). Apparently its just the exhaust 'note'.

Feel like a car hypocondriact now!

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Very much appreciated!

• Like 1

Just had my uncle (a mechanic) inspect the car on a ramp. Turns out not only has the EGR problem been fixed but also the exhaust is not blowing (even though it sounds like it is). Apparently its just the exhaust 'note'.

Feel like a car hypocondriact now!

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Very much appreciated!

Good news on both counts, must admit if I reverse to near to a wall etc it sounds like mine is blowing!

• 2 weeks later...

They all do that, sir..........

But seriously, I had a jolly good crawl under my 1 litre IQ just after I bought it for exactly the same reason!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links