Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid 2015 - Dealer Only Customizations

RyanBorg

Hi Guys

I was wondering if there is any OBD plug or something that can be used to change the DEALER ONLY customization options for my car. I don't like having to take my car to a dealer to change setting of my reverse buzzer for example

Is there any third party OBD plug that can connect to my phone or tablet to change these please

It's a tech 2 thing you need for that sort of stuff I'm sure .... Unless someone has a list of hidden features and button combos

I was able to customise my climate control settings with toyota tech stream software via obd. I purchased it off eBay.

Can you give me a link to the product or exact name so i check it out

Do a search on your appropriate eBay site for Toyota Techstream ............

One of the main reasons i want this as i want to know if there is a custom setting to automatically close ALL windows when the car is locked any ideas if this is possible and how please

As far as I'm aware global closing/opening of windows isn't available .... and from your earlier post there is no need to shout!

Ok thanks and sorry about the caps my mistake

Would the tech stream work on older models I.e mk1 Auris

Yes i have an 07 Auris

Dazzler I'm gonna have on flit round eBay how much did it set u back ish as I'm sure you went for something half decent

I think it was £30-40 incl cable - it was a while ago i can't remember!

Is it just a disc and cable type affair there seems them or genuine Toyota things that are into the thousands

Yup disc and cable!

Beauty .... Will be on order from flee bay soon then to add to my forever growing stash of things

As far as I'm aware global closing/opening of windows isn't available .... and from your earlier post there is no need to shout!

So would there be any plug in module that can be installed to allow this or if the car does not support it there is now way to get it done?

There is a plug in system you can get to alter the dealer only stuff called techstream like said earlier but the Windows are not a remote global opening/closing system and having one installed would be very costly

So would there be any plug in module that can be installed to allow this or if the car does not support it there is now way to get it done?

There may be a third party solution - a perusal of the likes of eBay may provide something

There is a few on eBay as Phil has one and I have also purchased one now

On mk1 there is nothing much interesting. Something like auto-lock doors delay if they are not opened/closed after they have been opened with key fob. Also ability to change climate control default settings and stuff like that.

Officially dealer wants something like €5 per function change but I paid the same amount directly to one of the guys there and he told me what's there and changed couple of things for that money. So I wouldn't spend 10 times the price for that box...

The cable and disc on eBay at the min are about £10 (I paid 14 Inc postage) but I would imagine on the newer auris there is more stuff to activate

Maybe someone could post a list on here for others to know :) 14 isn't much, for that much it's worth it of course!

And that was a UK one as well not some dodgey import