Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Intro And Wheel Offset Question

Matt_splatt

Morning all,

I'm fairly new to the world of IQ. Bought my white 59 plate in Jan. It's a practical fun car for me to help keep the mileage down on my other car.

When I bought it I had a set of winter tyres fitted on its standard 15" rims. I also lowered it using H&R 35mm shorter springs. So far so good.

Now I'm looking for some 18" rims with normal tyres for the warmer half of the year.

I've been offered some 18x7.5 rims with an offset of 40 (currently running 215/35 tyres). Big question is will these foul either the suspension components or poke out beyond the front or rear wheel arches? Unfortunately they're too far away for me to try them on my car.

I hope somebody on here has tried this (and succeeded!). Any info gratefully received.

Cheers,

Matt

I try some 17x8 205/40 et20 they poke out about 25mm from the front arch, back poke out about 10mm. I use a apps called wheel tire calculator.

I have a white 59 plate lowered using Toyota's own kit. I have 18 X215x35 fitted for about 3yrs now. They dont foul as such but do stick out at the front about 15mm and are almost to the edge of the body at the rear in depth there is about 60/70mm gap in height to the body frint and rear

What looks fantastic is spoked type wheels i have 8 will post a pic soon

David

Hi David - they do indeed look great. Do you happen to know the ET or offset of your rims? Also - how close to the suspension components do they come? I'm looking at a slightly higher than usual offset (40) to try to minimise the amount they poke out. Risk is they foul the suspension.

Matt

No i dont know. The company that supplied them also built the custom exhaust ( you can see the double barrel down pipe in the pic. I looked on their site yesterday and chose 17 x 205 x40. Then chose the car iQ and it came back with an offset of 38. There are quite a few people on here that know lots about tyres. Far more than i do. They did say at the wheel company that they were the biggest i could have on there but i have seen a 19inch on one

David

I'm not sure why most web pages recommend the 40 profile tyres for 17" wheels, they are a smaller rolling diameter than the originals.

The 205/45 17 tyres are only a few millimetres bigger than the standard tyres so far better suited and look better at the same time. They are also the same size as used on the Mini so tyre choice is very large depending on budget.

I think my wheels have an offset of ET42 but they are 17x7 wheels so narrower to start with.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links