Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 2.2D4D (180) With 110,000 Miles - Worth Keeping?

andymturner

I've owned the above vehicle from new and it's been a great, practical family car so far. It's now approaching 110,000 miles. Only problems have been a premature clutch failure owing to leaking oil seal (expensive because of the DMF cost), and a breakdown traced to a clogged EGR valve.

However, I've recently twice noticed excessive exhaust smoke on accelration which stops after about 10 - 15 seconds. These two incidents about 6 weeks ago seem to have coincided with me adding an engine cleaning additive to the fuel tank. However, it happened a third time yesterday as I accelreated after a long mountain decent mostly with my foot off the gas. There is no loss or power, unusual noises or warning lights when this happens.

Does anyone have a view on this, and whether, given the mileage/history, this car is a keeper or not?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links