Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Electric Seats From A T-Spirit To A T3

DOG7

What's involved in fitting leather electric seats in my car it's a 55 plate t3x d4d 2.0 l . Like will the electrics work etc.,

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

Nobody has answered your question, but I think the title needs to be changed to "Is it possible to add electric seats from the T-Spirit to a T3?".

The best thing is to look for the wiring, what fuses and relays need to be present.

If all the cabling, fuse and relays are present, you could be okay.

The link is for the seat and wiring:

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2004/avensis/azt250r-alpehw/3_273550_023_223W/body/7101_front-seat-seat-track/3

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2004/avensis/azt250r-alpehw/3_273550_023_223W/electrical/8202_wiring-clamp/6

I will ask this question. How many times do you adjust your seat (especially if you are the only driver)?.

If you are doing it on the cheap and have the seats already (and the wiring in place), then give it a go. If you are successful let us know.

I think you may need to inform insurance (somebody please confirm this).

Title edited.

If the seats were damaged in an accident or if the side airbags triggered, the insurer will probably replace the seat with what was fitted as part of the original spec.

Then again if the side airbags (if fitted) were triggered and the side of the car damaged, given the age of the car and the cost of the components, the insurer could view the repair as uneconomic and write the car off.

Thanks Conrad c & frosty balls. Food for thought. I've looked

At wiring diagram and it shows the looming on it but not sure it for my t3-x. Has anybody out there fitted electric leather seats in mark 2 t3-x. Any input will be greatly accepted .

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

To frosty balls & Konrad c here is the wiring diagram is it for my t3-x.post-131343-142670432387_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Fitted back seats ok & centre armrest. No power for seat adjustment? Need power to fit seats. Thinking getting Battery & using this as a temporary power supply to fit seats & a just hight & rake etc., air bag squib & seatbelt buckle sensor are connected ok. Taking car to a auto electrician get permanent power fitted to seats

• Like 1

let me know how you get on Alexander I might be doing this when I can pick up some cheap leather interior.

Ok avensis4d786 going to disconnect heated seat so I don't melt my bumpost-131343-142755667226_thumb.jpg

Update, all fitted in now just waiting for auto electrician to do permanent wiring will post photos later.

Thanks, did you pay much for the interior?

I paid £200 for front&back seats including complete centre armrest console ,they are a few pressure in rear seats but I will take these out with a heat gun ! Carefully not to burn the leather. Worst bit was the front seats. Because he had power them right back to get the front bolts out then I had to power the seats forwards the get the back bolt in . Took power from Battery on car with a make up wire connection with a in line fuse witched worked fine. Also if you look in manual were the fuses are you power seat a box marked 82 and look in your car passenger side behind glove box it was missing mine so I went to MRT an order that it cost £ 6.45 . I haven't got yet it's coming Wednesday so I let you know what type of relay or out let it is when I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC one more thing make sure if you get some seats make sure you get whole loom ie., cut off at floor level, & if you are at the breakers yard ask them for part 82 from the fuse panel that will save £ 6.45 and trip to MRT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, avensisd4d786' updating just completed wiring on car electric seats, got my fuses ETA 1620-1 auto reset . Fitted them into 2 add-a fuse links there was no power to the fuse I got from Mr T. It was a thermo metal fuse, the. ETA FUSES do the same job. post-131343-142876536101_thumb.jpgf

Will post more photos when I've cleaned & conditioned my seat.

Hi, here's some photos of my seats.post-131343-142926756874_thumb.jpgpost-131343-1429267606_thumb.jpgpost-131343-142926763263_thumb.jpgpost-131343-142926765556_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

nice seats, hopefully this will help other people too, by the way your profile pic is the upside down

• Like 1

Hi, avensisd4d786, I know, put a new photo this morning from my iPad and it went on down side up, strange! I've put it right now.

• 5 months later...

Alexander I need help with this, can you email me, thanks

• 1 year later...

I will be also doing this too my avensis so will be following this link closely had my interior for £100 from the scrappy 

• 1 month later...

I'll be doing this too. Just sourced powered & heated leather chairs, door-cards, centre console, gear knob for my 2007 T25 T4. Asking price is €150. Wish me luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 years later...
On 11/24/2017 at 1:36 AM, mathepac said:

I'll be doing this too. Just sourced powered & heated leather chairs, door-cards, centre console, gear knob for my 2007 T25 T4. Asking price is €150. Wish me luck

How did the job go? I've got a Tspirit 2005, with leather but not heated seats. Will I just need a switch as some manufacturers put the elements in, but not the switches if not specced??