Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Mirror Cover Colour Change Dilemma

en8wall

I've recently had decals added on my white IQ2. I want to try and take a bit more of the white overload away from the car and am considering changing the colour of door mirror covers to:

1) sprayed gloss black - been quoted £80.

2) wrapped in same material as B pillar black textured part of door.

3) wrapped in gloss black.

Any ideas or suggestions? Anyone done the same and got pics? I note that cars like fiat 500's and mini's have a multitude of door mirror cover options.

post-123592-142654051204_thumb.jpg

I'd go for the wrap myself, more durable and a lot cheaper than paint will be. Another option is to remove and paint yourself using spray cans of satin black. Very easy colour to paint and should last a while. Cost about £10 in materials to do the job.

How about a gun metal grey colour to match the wheels?

Could get them hydro-dipped in carbon fibre or leopard skin...... :)
http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/category/image-gallery

Craig.

Looking at going for gloss black wrap. Seen a lot of Fiat 500's, mini's and corsas with same finish on a white car.

Had a quote for gloss black wrap of door mirror coloured housing to remove coloured part wrap and refit = £60.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the door mirrors wrapped today. Rather pleased with look.

post-147331-14275696531_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

maybe a black & white chequered roof next?

No more being done to the outside. Don't want to overdo it.

It looks great, just the right balance I'd say!

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about having a decal put on the boot....was thinking black and same size and place as the chrome trim Toyota do as an option. Anyone ever seen anything like I'm describing or am I going to have to go bespoke. Think the back looks too white and needs breaking up.

post-123592-142981587563_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Got another mod on the way that should make my IQ unique in the UK....Watch this space.

Here's my unIQue mod. Managed to find these brand new OEM genuine Toyota Sirus alloy wheels, 5Jx15. Toyota GB offered Sirus alloys in Silver and mirror finish like IQ2 alloy colour. I've managed to find Toyota Europe spec wheels that have satin black finish not offered in UK. Normal Sirus alloys are £548 a set. I'm going to be putting these on my White IQ very soon unless someone wants to make me a serious offer for them.

post-123592-143870595563_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi looks really good, I like the door mirrors, I may have a go at that, how do you remove the covers? I'm frightened of breaking the glass!