Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supra Turbo Mk Iii

Piston Popper

Hi

Can anyone help I have a 89 supra turbo and am having a problem with Rickover upon cold start

I have been advised to check the cold start injector that goes in the top of the thermostat housing. When checked there appears to be no resistance which would indicate it's not working. I contacted my local dealer to be told that this part is discontinued

Can anyone help with advice please

Cheers piston popper

• 4 months later...

Hey Piston. Try eBay USA, orCanadian classifides. supras are big in Canada. Hope it helps.

• 3 months later...

Hey last child thanks

Managed to source part in USA

This has solved part of the problem in that now the car runs but I am still having probs upon cold start

She fires up but doesn't always pick up the revs and will die/ cut out

If you hold your foot on accelerator at about 1500 revs until the temp gauge gets warm she will then idle n runs like a dream

It appears that when cold she should be idling at about 1100 rpm and when warm about 900 rpm

When warm she does as she is supposed to but when cold doesn't appear to increase the revs although very occasionally she does for a few mins then seems to lose them & drop back to 900 then because still cold cuts out

As she is an auto it is very difficult to control her when cold as it's all or nothing but when warm there are no issues

Any advice regarding this would be most welcome based in north wales if anyone can help

Cheers