Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Struggling To Start

CadetLass

Typical!

But don't forget if there had been a problem it will probably have put a code into the ecu for the dealer to diagnose.

With respect I think that's a very odd conclusion.

Every car I have owned regardless of age or price has started from cold in less than one or two turns of the engine.

I will expect no less from my new Aygo when it arrives otherwise dealer's ears will be severely bent.

It starts, but it's as if the starter motor can only just about cope with the task. It doesn't start as confidently as my iQ did the entire time I had it.

Then get it back to the dealer an make a complaint.

Also discuss with them why your other cars never had this problem, I am sure that they will bend over backwards to give you the best service that a CHEAP car supplier can give.

As a matter of interest what was difference in cost between this cheap car and the more expensive last car YOU bought

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

My Toyota dealer bends over backwards to give great service. As good if not better than the Audi dealer we use

Then get it back to the dealer an make a complaint.

Also discuss with them why your other cars never had this problem, I am sure that they will bend over backwards to give you the best service that a CHEAP car supplier can give.

As a matter of interest what was difference in cost between this cheap car and the more expensive last car YOU bought

I like my Aygo, my 'cheaper' comment was alluding to the fact that the Aygo was made to a different budget than the iQ, so I assume parts differ in places due to this.

I have no reason to complain. It starts, just not with as much gusto as the iQ. That was the point I was trying to make.

The Aygo is the product of the Joint Venture between Toyota and PSA (Peugeot/Citroen), and, as such, may have differences to a 'pure' Toyota product.

Having said that, the Aygo and 1.0 litre versions of the C1 and 108 continue to use the Toyota engine (the 1.2 used in the C1/108 is a PSA unit), and all three cars are manufactured using the Toyota production system - TPS.

Costs were saved by sharing the development costs between Toyota and PSA - not necessarily by using cheaper components than are normally used by Toyota.

A lot of the Aygo components will have been sourced within Europe, whereas with the IQ, a lot of the components would have been sourced from Pacific Rim countries.

From my viewpoint, and having had 17 cars from new, if I experience any issue with a car within weeks or months of taking delivery, I return to the respective dealer to get the issue sorted. If you're reasonable with the dealer, invariably they will be reasonable with you. There is no need to resort to recording everything unless your relationship with the dealer has deteriorated to such a level that this degree of mistrust exists.

I've just stumbled upon this thread and have read through with interest.

I have a '64 plate X-Clusive and it's starting has always been just a little slower than I've experienced with previous Aygo's (Fire, Black, and Blue), but last week it refused to start on two occasions one evening. The starter span frantically, but it didn't catch.

After a couple of experiments I came to the conclusion that it was either an immobiliser issue (on one occasion I'd left the key in the ignition so that the lights remained on whilst dropping my kids at a scout hike) or vapourised fuel (on both occasions the problem manifested itself when restarting after a short stop).

Like the OP, it's been OK since so I've not been to the dealer to discuss.

• Like 1