Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery Pack Worth It?

Riggers 116

Ive been offered a "delivery" pack on a 6 month old ex demonstrator Yaris. The salesman tell me it includes Superguard protection on the paint and upholstery. They want £475 for it. Is it worth it or am I paying through the nose for a bit of polish. Does this stuff actually work? Does it have to be applied from new to be effective. They also mention a tyre club but I'm unsure what that gets me.

Thanks

Riggers

• Like 1

Treatments like Supaguard, Diamondbrite, Gen-3 Glasscoat, etc have divided opinion in the past. Usually it includes a paint sealant, fabric protector.and sometimes alloy wheel treatment to protect against brake dust.

Some think it is worth it, other don't. Really down to personal choice, and whether or not you are content for the dealer to do it or to try yourself. It does tend to be one of those options that is quite lucrative for the dealer, unless you can negotiate the price down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there don't know if it's too late and you've decided one way or the other but I'm an ex-valeter who used to work for a Ford/Honda/Jaguar/Mazda dealership and have applied 1000s of Superguard packs in my time.

Firstly, like Frostyballs above said they, plus matts etc, are a lucrative extra/bonus for the salesman and it's these extras where the salesmen can really clean up on a deal.

Superguard is pretty good stuff if applied properly but in no way shape or form is it worth the best part of 500 quid, it was 10 years ago when I did them n they went for £250 a shot back then with paint protection,alloys,carpets and upholstery plus a fancy window etching to 'prove' it was Superguarded.

It's up to you and there may well be a little cachet in having a Superguard when it comes to resale time but you can do as good a job and protect your paintwork equalled well yourself using quality aftermarket products like Meguiars etc mind you the alloy protection and interior products are quite good but £475 is mainly lining the salesmans pockets :)

Thanks for the insight.

I have decided not to have it despite the salesman pestering me to have it (very counter productive), he eventually came down from £500 to £200 but by then I was against it. My car is always garaged and my old one at 10 yrs old looks pretty good when it gets its semi annual wash.

The salesman was making a big deal about mats being included in the deal but I have since discovered are included in the base price anyway. As you can imagine his credibility is now very low with me.

Terry

• Like 1

The salesman was making a big deal about mats being included in the deal but I have since discovered are included in the base price anyway. As you can imagine his credibility is now very low with me.

As far as I'm aware, mats are included if you buy the Protection Pack (additional cost), but they aren't included within the 'base price'. This has been the case with any new car we've bought - whether Toyota or another marque.

• Like 1

Its an ex demonstrator coming from another branch so I havent actually seen it yet but the pictures I was sent clearly showed mats and other stuff fitted. I have made it plain that the car must be as described and that if they remove stuff its game over.

Terry

• Like 1

My honest opinion is that it's a total con for the price charged. I used to run a bit of a back street garage and one of my regulars used to do this service for the dealers. He would just give me the products he used on the cars but bearing in mind the cars are new or almost new it is hard to see any difference. He would just do the main bits that showed, be it the paintwork or the carpets etc and miss out the corners if you like. You are much better off buying the products yourself and doing the job properly.....obviously you can get the products from Halfords (Don't forget your club discount card) or any similar type shop then and least you know you got into every nook and crany. In say your house and you spill blackcurrant juice then you know it will stain your carpet but Scotchguard definately helps stopping the stain setting in but in the real world how many drinks get spilt on the floor/seats of your car. If you are keen just buy the products and do it yourself as long as you are able and save yourself a lot of money and no doubt you will have some left to re apply at a later date.

Mike.

• Like 1