Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Noise Front Doors

aaron_auris_sr180

i am hearing more and more wind noise coming through the driver's and passenger side front doors. not sure on rears because i never sit in the back! the weatherstrips have started to crack so i suspect replacing them may be in order but they are not cheap (£55 a side) and i was wondering if there is a way the doors can be adjusted so they shut more securely as i am not planning on keeping the car much longer..

thanks.

aaron.

Make sure you check straps are nice and tight I had a problem with wind noise on my passenger side and the check strap was making a noise so I tightened it up and it reduced it a little bit also sometimes I'd it gets bad I wind the window down and back up and then when it gets back up just flick the switch again and that helps

I silenced the wind noise from my drivers door by using the old backstreet bodyshop trick of opening the door, winding the window down fully, putting my knees against the door card, grabbing the top of the window frame and pulling like hell to bend the very top of the door in very slightly. I've used this trick on a number of different cars over the years and it rarely fails.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links