Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Xpression - Condensation Issues?

AD2

Hi,

I'm new to the forums - nice to meet you all!

I have an Aygo Xpression (bought in November), but I was having issues with condensation - I had found ice on the inside of the windscreen. I know that condensation is normal (especially when it's cold) but I had taken to wiping it off the windscreen using a cloth (in combination with the fan & a/c) before setting off. What concerned me was the spedometer occasionally steamed up when I was driving!

I took it back to the dealer twice who completed a water leak detection test twice - both times they found no issues. They said that the ice was probably as a result of the condensation freezing (understandable considering the weather at the time). It was explained that I had been placing it on recirculation (not the outside air in setting) which is causing the issue - but I have had it on the outside air setting since I took delivery of the car - I even took a picture to prove it! In the end I was advised that they couldn't do anything more and to contact Head office.

The odd thing is, that since it's come back from the dealer a few weeks ago the situation seems to have improved... The condensation seems to just clear with the fan and a/c in a few mins whereas before I would have had to wipe it off in combination with the a/c and fan on!

I'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced anything similar? Or is this completely normal for a new car?

Aygo's do that, at night switch the air control to recirculate as this stop the outside air from fogging the windows.

yeah my mk1 Aygo freezes up on the inside. Through winter where frosts happen more often, I put a dry cover over the car every night. One morning I had was entertaining where the air was dry but so cold it ended up freezing whilst I was driving cause like a fool I'd decided to give it a spray with the washers

So you did not have the model with heated screen washers then ? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

So you did not have the model with heated screen washers then ? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

lol!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links