Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X-Touch Compatibility

JamesHarling

Hi all

Many thanks to James for starting this topic (apologies I know it was some weeks ago now!)

No worries if not but does anyone know if there will be any planned update of any description rolled out for the X-touch to get it compatible with more devices for the mirrorlink function? The cruel irony for me having got my Aygo X-play with added X-touch in January is that up until May of last year I had an iPhone 4s which would have worked but switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini which is my first 4G phone. Again the irony with this being that the S3 being a predecessor would have also worked.

My understanding (apologies if this isn't correct!) is that the list of phones that Devon Aygo posted on here all have Mirrorlink 1.0 and that other phones such as mine are Mirrorlink 1.1 which is why it doesn't marry up properly.

Although it's not the main reason I got the new Aygo and obviously everything else seems fine with the car so far and all the bluetooth works fine with phone, it would be cool to possibly have the mirrorlink function working at some point over the next 3 years or so of me having the car!

To be fair I haven't yet had another word with the dealer yet so can always pop in at some point but never know how much information they would have on it.

Many thanks for putting up with this essay all!

Kind regards, Tom.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links