Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey All! Looking For Some Buying Advice..

richard richard

Hi all,

First post so go lightly :donatello: .

I'm 25, and only now looking to take my driving test. Yep, I know! I past my motorcycle test at 17 and since then owned around 15 different bikes, riding through winters.. I've had enough haha. The times come though to garage bikes for a bit and delve into the world of 4 wheels, the itch is getting unbearable (plus a few trackdays in my mates MR2 has swayed me!).

So, main things to look for when buying one? I'm looking at the sixth generation, I'm aware they come in 1.8/2.0 versions (got to love Wiki), anything prone to go on them? I'm handy with a spanner servicing my own motorcycles so will that come in handy? :fireman: . I heard suspension needs to be checked, and the clutches can be prone to go? Insurance really is not bad at all, coming in at around £500. I know these are not great learners cars but I do have experience driving, the test is a formality to be fair, having not needed a lisense due to being driven around by my old bandmates 24/7!

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice. Peace

Hi and welcome,

when you have a car in mind please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.

Regards,

Dan.