Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Mpg Thread

thomasaiwilcox

Im lucky to get 25 litres it get worried when the last dot starts flashing manage another 20 then fill up best i get is 320 to a tank guess with a extra 7 litres get closer to the 360 is 400 really possible to a tank although i do have the 1.33. Whats other peoples best full tank range?

My commute doesn't get me any higher than 40mph each way, I can only guess that is the reason I've managed to get 401. I'll certainly push the mileage next time. :)

My commute doesn't get me any higher than 40mph each way, I can only guess that is the reason I've managed to get 401. I'll certainly push the mileage next time. :)

This explains a lot. I know when I have been sat behind trucks in the past for miles and miles at 40mph, my mpg rose very nicely. I once got over 70mpg as a consequence some time back, travelling up to Northwich from Shropshire.

After doing the trip down from the Lakes with a partial fill up and then several motorway trips to and from my mothers, I've managed to do 350 miles before filling up this morning. I was surprised I couldn't get 32 litres in the tank seeing as the last fill up was 35 litres. I believe I could have done at least another 2 round trips to and from work to beat my previous best of 401.

Still, my average is now 50.1 and the last UK mpg is 51.9, slightly under the previous best of 52.2 :)

Just had a trip to Liverpool got 337 miles before filling up and still only took 25 litres average 61.3 not Badge should get a few more miles from those 7 litres left in the bottom of the tank.

• Like 1

Just had a trip to Liverpool got 337 miles before filling up and still only took 25 litres average 61.3 not Badge should get a few more miles from those 7 litres left in the bottom of the tank.

Have been try to get the fuelly icon at the bottom of the post without much luck. How is it done can someone let me know.

Have been try to get the fuelly icon at the bottom of the post without much luck. How is it done can someone let me know.

Go to My Profile > Edit Profile > Signature > insert Fuelly code into signature box.

Fuel-up Added - Best Tank!
Congratulations, this tank is your best so far at 63.1 UK MPG! Details Are- MPG: 52.6 / UK MPG: 63.1, mi/L: 13.9, Miles: 210.9, Litres: 15.19, Price: £1.09/Litre, Total: £16.54. I am super impressed with this amount but unfortunately the result has been sullied by some thieving git, yet again at Sainsbury's in Shrewsbury, stealing just two of my most recently added dust caps. So next time I go there it will be with a camera to catch the person in the act. My suspicions are that it is one of the car cleaners they have in the car parks there. They have an ideal opportunity, and I can't think of anyone that would target the same car twice. Not that I know for sure of course, but when I have evidence, I will take it to the store and see what they do/say.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a partial fuel up, half a tank, and Fuelly says 63.6mpg! The best so far this year. Word of warning, if you want to see the results on screen, do not tick the Partial Fuel Up box as it will not display the details.

Just had my best fill up. I've managed 54.1mpg and did 381 miles, I was tempted to risk another run to work this morning but I was getting worried I might not have made it back :)

You guys getting MPG I can only dream off haha, I get around 48mpg with a mixture of motorway and town driving each day but still very happy :)

I'm trying my best to keep the needle on the required speeds for the road. I am happy though, as it was 16 days when I last filled the car up.

Great MPG there Mark. I'm sure we don't mean to make people feel bad about their economy efforts. We all know it's not always possible to drive like a miser, plus the issue of having the 1.3 engine makes it much more difficult. I was thinking today on our way back from Barmouth that right about now -driving over the steep mountain road- I could go for the 1.3 engines power. Still, the power we saw, in another form entirely was staggering. As we drove over the top of the mountain and just began the speed inducing incline downhill, two F15-E's came roaring around the corner and overhead. At the bottom of the hill, another two F-15E's buzzed us, and about a mile later, the final two did the same. One of these days I gotta go up there to take photos (see link- Grim Reapers) as there are plenty of opportunities for some decent pics and vids.

Hey Bob,

Your trip sounds impressive, I'll have to drive over there to see the F-15E's. If the car can handle the hills of the lake district, I am sure it can handle Wales as well. Then again, I'd probably would like a 1.33 engine as well for that extra bit of oomph to get up the hill in any other gear than 2nd :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just some information really for those that panic as soon as the petrol gauge starts flashing. I carried on driving and filled up 110 miles further on, petrol pump clicked off dead on 32 liters. Up to that point the dash was giving me an average MPG of 52.something, so know I was ok

Hey Bob,

Your trip sounds impressive, I'll have to drive over there to see the F-15E's. If the car can handle the hills of the lake district, I am sure it can handle Wales as well. Then again, I'd probably would like a 1.33 engine as well for that extra bit of oomph to get up the hill in any other gear than 2nd :)

On a nice sunny day, it is quite spectacular on that high altitude stretch of the A470 (rises to 371m above sea level). At the top of the hills/mountains, is a little car park on the left -heading for Barmouth. Also, at the bottom of the mountains, before the incline proper, is a lay-by on the right hand side. The walk up to the top is treacherous and very steep. Check out You Tube videos of Mach Loop by Elwyn R, he is a great photographer and can send you a route to get up to the top for the best video and photo opportunities. I have the directions somewhere here on my computer, or my back-up drive. If I find them and you're interested in doing what they do, I'll send them over.

See this- The Mach Loop Experience

Just some information really for those that panic as soon as the petrol gauge starts flashing. I carried on driving and filled up 110 miles further on, petrol pump clicked off dead on 32 liters. Up to that point the dash was giving me an average MPG of 52.something, so know I was ok

One of these days, I'm going to top up one of those little green cans with petrol and see how far I can get on one tank. I don't feel so confidant that I can go an extra 110 miles once that damn light of doom starts flashing. It does something to start those muscles twitching, you know the ones, those we sit on.

Best ever tank so far.

431 miles travelled since the last fuel up and I've just got 56.0MPG on the last tank! :)

Wow thats great Mark, I think my fuel light comes on around 280-300 miles, would never be brave enough to try and do another 100 miles hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have an IQ3 Automatic and I am just about getting 41MPG.

I have been to Toyota in Peterborough and got told this was aout right for the car.

To say I was shocked is an understatment.

Most of my trips are to and from work, 15 miles each way and doing about 50 to 60 MPH.

Am I doing something wrong, Is Toyota Peterborough telling me porkies.

Many Thanks

Peter Snow

Hey Peter,

I get roughly 45-46 and I do 18 miles each way to the office everyday, most of the journey is at 70mph on the M1 so would expect your MPG to be higher tbh. If I try and do a eco run around 60mph I get closer to 50mpg.

Ady

No offence to those of you that have a 1.3, manual or auto, but I am glad I chose the measlyist, miserlyist engine for fuel economy. When I think about it, it should be better, but with the roads and traffic the way they are, I think I'm lucky to get what MPG I get now. If everyone stuck to the speed limit, except for corners, junctions and so on, then everyone's mpg would be better. It's getting stuck behind slow as-s drivers who stick to 40mph everywhere, including 30mph areas, that cause problems, especially where we live out in the country. Anyway I'm all right 'Jack's,' as they say. I might add that we have left our winter tyres on -all of- this year. Mainly because they'll be used up by January 2016. I feel the need, the need for an i3. My latest Fuelly figures that I want to show on here. The others in between the good, high MPG figures are not so good. With a low of 58, not that low, but I would like the 60's figures to creep up higher to raise the average. Fuel-up Added, 63.2 UK MPG, Details: MPG: 52.7 / UK MPG: 63.2, mi/L: 13.9, Miles: 183.9, Litres: 13.22, Price: £1.06/Litre, Total: £14.00

Filled up today done 371 miles and only filled up 28 litres so think i could have broke the 400 milestone averaged 59.1 acording to fuelly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links