Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has My 2005 Xt3 D-4D Got A Diesel Particulate Filter

Doc Sausage

Good evening all

We're planning to take the RAV over to Roermond on the German-Dutch border this Easter. The Dutch side is no problem but if we want to cross over into Germany we need a green environmental sticker, the Umweltplakette, to drive in the city centres.

I've got one on my 2.8 V6 Audi A4 and my smokey 23 year old VW Scirocco so we thought the RAV would just be a formality but this morning we recieved a message saying they can't issue the sticker unless we can prove that a particulate filter is fitted.

I can't find anything definite on the net, does anyone know a quick and simply way of confirming what I've got

Thanks in advance

Steve

• Like 1

I don`t think the 2.0 d4d got a DPF until 2011>, my 2010 Verso didn`t have one.

Belated thanks to you all for taking the time to reply, although it was the answer I was expecting it wasn't the answer I was looking for

On the silver lining side you can get more beer in the Audi than the RAV

I guess your scirocco passes due to an age related allowance as I wouldn't think it has a dpf fitted.

Hope not Graunch as it's petrol lol but, tbh, I don't understand how it works as you would think they would want drive older cars off the road but they seem to be targeting diesels as seems to be happening here now

That said, I've been on the Toytown Germany website and the consensus is that it's worth the risk as they rarely prosecute but with my luck....

you need to work out the beer/fine ratio and go from there,

hope you have a good trip.

regards colin

• Like 1

Hi Steve, on your 2 German cars that have the stickers, do they have the cars reg. no. make, details etc on?

Hi Mike

All it has is the registration number. if you order it through the online shop you can pay €29.90 for a handwritten version or €39.90 for a typed one

Hmm, let me think...