Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4.3 Noisy Engine

bonwitco

Hi

Had the noisy engine, poor cold starting, low mileage and loss of power problem for months. Just got Denso refurbished injectors fitted to replace the originals (23670 09140) Denso part No 095000-7640. The replacements have the number etched on them 095000-0R020. Still have the noisy engine. Poor cold starting has gone, mileage is back up and power is back but now the cold starting is: starts then almost cuts out before picking up and is then OK. Are these injectors suitable for my RAV? Engine - 2AD-FTV
Engine No - 2AD0026595

VIN JTMBA31V406010318

Or do I need to get the upgraded injectors 23670 09290

Who fitted the injectors and were the new injector compensation codes written into the engine ecu ?

It was a local mechanic recommended from another member of the forum. I was told they were coded as he had to get another bloke with the gear to code them. He told me they needed coded in when I was getting him to check the loss of power, low mileage and poor cold starting problem looked at.

if you didn't code them, could it run like this? noisy but with the power? I stopped to go into a shop so the engine was well warmed up. Cam out 2 minutes later and it started, ticked over for app 3 seconds then cut out. Twice it did this so the third time, when it started I gave it some throttle and it stayed on???