Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Shocks

Sarah99

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the rear shocks on a 99 Corolla saloon (pre facelift, bug eye model) are unique to that model, or will the hatchback and or newer 1.4 VVTI shocks fit it?

Thanks guys.

Sarah.

Don't know, but the simplest way is to go to a good online site like GSF or ECP and put in your reg no and see what they say is the right ones for your car.

Then search again but this time enter just the car type .age and model eg 2004 - on 1.4 etc and see if it comes up with the same or different parts.

Why would you want to fit a later models shocks to your car ?

Also if both the front and rear are original, then the fronts are likely to be quiet weak as well.

It only once they are off and compared against new ones you see how worn they are.

Did you sort your headlight problem out ?

Thanks for the reply,

I don't want to fit later model shocks, I just wanted to know what I'm shopping for.

Headlights are still a bit of a mess, seems the previous owner tied up the NSF one with wire!!!!!

Must have been something to do with getting it through the test. Only found this out today, so will have to get my hands dirty and have a good poke about to see.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links