Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Radio Panasonic Tm4411 73801

Jon Doyle

Hi Folks ,

My radio in my 2000 2.0td Avensis is acting up, recently the screen display has been flickering and is now very hard to see very very dim, also i was turning down the volume and the click went, top is still clicking and functioning as it should.

Now i have to sometimes fight to keep the volume up, it spontaneously turn's itself down as the click is stuck in the way and it's sometimes a battle to get the volume back up and stay at a level, but when it stay's up i can still turn it down but it's doesn't click.

I rang my local main dealer's for a replacement head unit and he can't get one, has anyone on here have one, would be great just to get the head unit, but i'll get the whole unit if i need to depending on price,

I'v attached a pic of mine

I have been asked why don't i just stick a new radio/cd player in be it sony pioneer etc to save all the hassle, i could but i don't want to, i want to keep the car as original as possible.

Hope i can get this sorted soon and hear from folks. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Jon

post-127389-0-64513500-1427322996_thumb.

There's quite a few breakering on eBay. Try a search for "avensis breaking" or similar, it might be worth dropping an email to a few of them.

• Like 1

Hi Jon,

I would not worry about originality if you cannot source another Panasonic of the same model. With the suitable interface cable, you can fit any brand of stereo. I notice your car is the phase 1, so does not have the steering controls of the later Avensis.

My car is the higher spec and came with the Sony double din CD/radio/cassette unit.

post-76861-0-77333000-1427373756_thumb.j

Hope you find the replacement.

Konrad

There's quite a few breakering on ebay. Try a search for "avensis breaking" or similar, it might be worth dropping an email to a few of them.

Hi Alan,

I'v searched Toyota Panasonic Tm4411 73801on eBay but they're in Denmark nothing in uk or here in Ireland. Will try avensis breaking asn see how i get on thanks :thumbsup:

Hi Jon,

I would not worry about originality if you cannot source another Panasonic of the same model. With the suitable interface cable, you can fit any brand of stereo. I notice your car is the phase 1, so does not have the steering controls of the later Avensis.

My car is the higher spec and came with the Sony double din CD/radio/cassette unit.

attachicon.gif25022010015.jpg

Hope you find the replacement.

Konrad

Hi Konrad,

Yeah that's what i'm trying to do, yeah i'm fully aware i can fit any other brand as i have done it before in previous car's, but i want to source the original.

That's nice, would like that in my own

Thanks i hope so to. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Jon!!

My Sony unit is coming out this weekend, it's identical to the one pictured here!

Works perfectly in every respect & plays CDR's fine too!

If you want it please feel free to contact me as I will be putting in the storage cupboard to do nothing otherwise :blow:

Nick

PS: this is mine & the one up for grabs!

post-147428-0-10116500-1427999123_thumb.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply, is the one you're referring to me the same as the one i'm looking for? Can you post up pic's please?

Kind Regards,

Jon

That radio is repairable, price wise cannot fully confirm how much.

I used to work in a car audio repair shop here in galway.

If you want a contact number give me a pm.

Fastway would cost about a tenner to have it delivered.

Or just the front panel?? I assume the rest of the stereo is ok??

BTW mine is the Sony up for grabs after the weekend once I get it out!! The one pictured in my post, will get some better pictures if you want to see it better

Nick

That radio is repairable, price wise cannot fully confirm how much.

I used to work in a car audio repair shop here in galway.

If you want a contact number give me a pm.

Fastway would cost about a tenner to have it delivered.

I knew it would/could be, i rang a chap in Cork who i came across on the web, wasn't very helpful, sent him pics and described thoroughly, but absolute useless with getting back to me, so i left it as i'm not wasting my time, even tried the lads on donedeal with the digital dash repair which is local, he don't do radio's, i'd love for it to get repaired instead of having to replace it. I took the front apart, to have a look at the bottom button which is loose, if i had a replacement it could be possibly soldered in presumably, not sure what can be done to the actual display?

Yeah sure send it on to me please, me being me i'd would like to be there when it's getting done (preferably), i'd be all for it but of course price depending.

Thanks a million mcorban :D

Or just the front panel?? I assume the rest of the stereo is ok??

BTW mine is the Sony up for grabs after the weekend once I get it out!! The one pictured in my post, will get some better pictures if you want to see it better

Nick

Nick apologies, if it's the Sony then i'll have to pass as my dash fascia is different and i'd prefer the original panasonic but thanks ;)