Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Satnav Volume

Egregious

I have just bought my first Toyota - an Auris Tourer Excel Hybrid. It comes with a SatNav. The volume of the route guidance can be very loud. There is a specific control to set the volume, but if I have the radio on at the same time, the SatNav volume varies with the radio volume. Is there any way in which the SatNav volume can be set so that it is independent of and does not vary with the radio volume? The dealer says there is not, but is he right?

I have the same problem with my Auris Excel Hybrid estate. Ive been onto Toyota UK and my dealer several time and basicially been told to live with it. You have to have the radio turned up to hear the Sat Nav and Traffice announcements. I had a Prius before which had invidual volume controls, but the Auris has a single cumulative volume setting. Pure madness.

Terry Parrott - Thank you very much for your response. It looks as if I will have to put up with it!

I bought a new Auris Icon + with Sat Nav and I have been very disappointed with the system. As you say the volume control doesn't work. The maps are old. My house has been here since 1960 yet the system can't find it from the post code, even though all other systems can. I am going to mention this to Toyota so let us see what happens.

Cheers,

Dave

When I bought my icon the salesman said "would you like the sat nav?"

I said "how much"

He said "£650".

I said "have you lost your mind".

After reading the comments I think I made the right decision.

I will stick with my TomTom with the voice of Brian Blessed for company.

You HAVE to be able to turn him down !!!

• Like 2

Thanks. At least the voice on the Toyota SatNav is quite pleasant.

It appears you can get updated maps by downloading them to a pc and then transferring them to a memory stick which can be plugged into a USB slot below the SatNav in the car. All this at a price of course!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links