Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2014 Hatchback Rear Seat Backrest

Rex74

I have Auris hatchback 2014. And I think that I have a problem with rear seat backrest on the right side, if I press by hand on the rear seat backrest about the middle then it goes in and when released it goes back, this movement in and out accompanying by sound (bum, bum). Passenger feels uncomfortable when sitting. Official dealer thinks that all my kind Auris are such thing (and maybe it is normal), are they rigt ?, and what is the experience of others ?

http://youtu.be/HX2Ty12Z6-o

How much movement is there? In what way does a rear seat passenger feel uncomfortable - does the 'movement' of the seat back make them sit lopsided, is it a support issue, are they too upright or too reclined, is it the same person who feels uncomfortable or is it any rear seat passenger?

On the first generation either seat back can lock in one of two positions (one being more reclined), and presumably the post 2012 Auris has the same facility. Which position do you have the rear seat back in?

Either way it doesn't sound right

Sorry for my english (not my language) maybe i can not explane correctly. Movement in and out (back and forward) is about 1cm inside the seat's backrest. Rear seat passanger on right side feels unconfortable because it moves, that is, when she/he leans on the backrest then with "bum" it goes back , and when passanger a little bit moves forward then this backrest with "bum" goes also forward. There is not any regulation of seats.

can not add picture here, but maybe link http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2013-auris/1024x768/wallpaper_7f.htm

Once locked into place, there should not be any movement either backwards or forwards. Sounds like there may be an issue with how the seat back locks. Best thing, as your Toyota dealer doesn't seem to be particularly helpful, is to approach your country's Importer. Which country are you in?

I still wait dealer answer, they analyze situation, strange that also some other similar new auris in saloon have same "movement"'.

Moves not all the seat back but just central part of seat's back on right side.

Saloon? A saloon or sedan is a two or four door vehicle with a separate boot (trunk in some languages).

The Auris is either a five door hatchback or estate (the Touring Sports).

OK, I will add small video on youtube with "a nature of "movement".

Now that I've seen the video I see what you mean Rex74 so I went and checked mine (2013 Auris Icon) and my back seat is exactly the same.

I don't think it's a defect, just the way they make the seat. Hatchback rear seats are always a bit of a compromise so I think we just have to live with it.

..... either that or we start a class action suit against Toyota.

Seems to me not that the actual seat back has movement, but the seat foam seems rather soft (too soft?), and pressing in the centre of the seat back shows movement in the rest of the foam. With a person sitting in the seat, pressure on the foam would be over a larger area.