Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Corolla Ce Running Slightly Hotter Than Normal After Coolant Flus

wellmux

My Car was running fine and temperature guage was always slightly lower than middle, i did not know when the previous owner changed coolant so i Just drained coolant from my 2005 Corolla CE few days ago. Did it from drain plug and empty the reservoir tank, filled both up radiator and reservoir to the full line.

I used toyota super long life coolant got it from dealer.

After coolant change car is running fine heat and cold working great its just temperature guage is gone in the middle , means car is running little hotter than before.

Looked underneath the car , there are no leaks other than some spills from the time i drained and filled it with new coolant.

Just took car out today for an hour drive, drove 60+ miles per hour with heat and ac on and off. but the needle still in the middle .

Can someone give me their thoughts whats going on, why the car is running slightly hotter than before.

this is worrying me.

Thanks

Most probably you have got a bit of air stuck in the system around the temp sensor or the thermostat.

Have you checked the reservoir to see if the coolant level has dropped since that run out, it often does fall as any trapped air is released.

Sometimes sqeezing the bottom hose helps push out any air lock.

The different levels of your temp guage are only very small and still well within the normal running range.

Its if it changes again that I would start wondering whats happening.

So many things could be the cause if it does go wrong, faulty sensor, faulty gauge, thermostat, radiator, pump etc etc but they all typically cause a very obvious change in running conditions.

Mine is always in the middle (9 o'clock) at, and slightly over on motorway driving few hundred miles.

I read in this forums on of the thread reply said . if there is any air bubbles in the system they will be sucked out of the reservoir tank eventually. , looked at my reservoir tank and it have 2 hoses attached to it . one for drinking the coolant and other is for over flow spitting the coolant out. hopefully it will work out itself.

oldcodger when the sun comes up i will squeeze the bottom hose to see if it works . do i squeeze the bottom hose with radiator cap on or off ?

I live in Florida so the weather always changing here hot to cold in just few hours . but not as much cold as in canada.

You could try it wilt the cap off, but the engine off !.

Are not the US sites friendly and helpful ? seem to have had quiet a few visitors from the other side of the pond recently.

As this thread the other day says we will help, but there are some differences dependant on where you are on the globe.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/166928-what-gas-percentage-should-i-use/