Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has My Car Got A Maf Sensor And Can It Be Cleaned ?

meloned

Hi just wondering if my Toyota avensis 1.8 2007 motor has a maf sensor and if so is it possible to clean it and how ? As it seems to idle very high about 2500 rpm unless that is correct when first started .Also is there any other maintenance requirements ? I

have changed air filter, plugs oil etc anything missed? Cheers for any help on this matter .

Watch "How To Clean MAF / Air Flow Sensor Toyota Celica VVTL-i 190BHP" on YouTube

How To Clean MAF / Air Flow Sensor Toyota Celica VVTL-i 190BHP: https://youtu.be/CCeTik1ak0A

This should help. It's identical to the Avensis. Be careful with the O-ring. Toyota can't supply replacements

• Like 1

Watch "How To Clean MAF / Air Flow Sensor Toyota Celica VVTL-i 190BHP" on YouTube

How To Clean MAF / Air Flow Sensor Toyota Celica VVTL-i 190BHP: https://youtu.be/CCeTik1ak0A

This should help. It's identical to the Avensis. Be careful with the O-ring. Toyota can't supply replacements

Cheers gazza1286 had a look and cleaned it with carb cleaner easy job when you know how ; )

Small note: Electrical Switch cleaner is better as carb cleaner can leave a residue, but it's probably insignificant enough to get away with it in most cases.

Just don't do it regularly as carb cleaner is a lot harsher solvent than switch cleaner!

• Like 2

Small note: Electrical Switch cleaner is better as carb cleaner can leave a residue, but it's probably insignificant enough to get away with it in most cases.

Just don't do it regularly as carb cleaner is a lot harsher solvent than switch cleaner!

Cheers never thought of switch cleaner will be getting some now !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links