Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr Insurance

smudge-1991

I had my excess at a grand just to bring the cost to an affordable level I always have done so I've had a higher excess than car value before just to prove otherwise that I drive carefully and the first time I was offered a lower excess on the same price policy I had two prangs that year

the main risk these days isn't the value of the vehicles but the personal injury claims.

I thought they were clamping down on all this personal injury claim stuff

I had an accident in November, basically I had to pull out across 3 lanes to get where i was going, the first 2 lanes were completely stationary and the drivers let me go but somebody came flying up the 3rd lane just as I was edging out and clipped my front end. Obviously its my fault because I was pulling out but i could not see down the 3rd lane because the 2 first lanes were blocking vision, and as 2 lanes were still I wasn't expecting a car to be doing 30mph in the 3rd lane. The junction is ****, it has 3 lanes of traffic in 1 direction and 1 lane in the other.

Im not sure what my insurance had to pay out but all 4 passengers in the other car claimed for "soft tissue damage" (whiplash) so they will all get a good pay out. None of them were injured at all. And the garage that had my car charged for everything they could think of. They replaced my bumber, headlights, radiator, under tray and even had the cheek to charge for re-gassing my air-con. When only my bumper was broken. I think the total bill was around £3k when i bought the car for £5k 3 month before.

Im 21 and currently paying £1k for insurance and expecting that to go up when it comes for renewal in a couple of months. But ive done comparisons and got quotes for the same price as now even with an at-fault incident.

I was thinking about paying extra £30 for ncb protection but thought that come renewal if it ties you to that company and they are not competitive there is no point - I stand to be corrected!

Protected no claims doesn't tie you to a particular insurer. The no claims you've accumulated at the end of one policy transfers over to the new policy, whether it was previously protected or not, and regardless of which insurer it was built up with.

Protected no claims doesn't tie you to a particular insurer. The no claims you've accumulated at the end of one policy transfers over to the new policy, whether it was previously protected or not, and regardless of which insurer it was built up with.

Thanks for the info!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links